Sunday, September 30, 2012

Goodbye, September ! I'll miss you !


Current Mood : Excited !



Today was ‘catch up on your sleep’ day, and we made a late morning of it, all of us. But I was soon restless and nothing occupied me for long. I was too unsettled to even sew, so I made plans to spend a bit of quality time at Dollar Tree. Solo.


Beloved Hubby darn near had a list for me. Foam-core board, for drawing class, napkins, etc. I had a few things I wanted, but ended up having a little spree for Dearest Son. He’s been ‘into’ crafting lately, so I bought supplies, including a carvable foam pumpkin and a set of felt and pipe cleaner Halloween decorations, with some glitter glue for sparkle. Also got us each a snack.


On a whim, I hit the GoodWill across the street. Last time I went, it was depressing in there. It still is, but I found some goodies. A bagload of ribbon – both the kind you can sew and the kind for package wrapping – and other crafting supplies was on ‘half-off green price stickers’ sale for just a buck-fifty. And it was *loaded*. I could easily see Dearest and I having lots of fun with all that ! He’d been wanting to learn to tie bows (past efforts have been frustrating – ever have to teach someone to tie their shoes ? It’s more complicated than it seems), and there was plenty here to inspire.


I also scored two books on the same sale – a copy of Heinlein’s Friday, to replace my tattered paperback, and Turmoil in the Toybox, a propaganda piece on how families are destroyed by the Devil with help from Barbie, Rainbow Brite, and He-Man. I’d been wanting to read it, but didn’t want to pay much for it, for obvious reasons. To tell the truth, 75c seemed a bit high for it, but I bought it anyway.


But the standout was a simple orange glass napkin holder. At least, that’s what we’re gonna use it for, for all I know, it’s a taco keeper. It’s just a simple thick glass oval shaped into something like a flat-bottomed taco, in the most gorgeous shade of deep orange. Perfect for our new dining area table. A vast improvement over the AirSoft accessory box we’ve been using.  

No comments:

Post a Comment