Monday, September 17, 2012

I've always liked this cute little dress !


Current Mood : Looking forward to soooo much !


Had a bit of a rocky start this morning – Beloved Hubby’s on midterm exams this week, already ! -  so it took a while before I got going, but I had lots of fun once I did ! Finally put the bleachers that came with the Monster High school playset to use, seating the six Fearleaders on my uppermost doll shelf. Unfortunately, as with many Mattel (coughBarbiekofff) furniture pieces, the bottom row is too low to use the way most of us would like. If you bend the dolls’ knees to a standard angle, it unbalances them – their knees are higher than their waists, and hence tend to tip over. Instead, they have to sit with their legs more or less straight. 


Worse for me, as the shelf is too narrow to let them sit flat out like that. (sigh) I’ll boost it up on a box, once I find a VHS-size one at the Post Office. I have one that’s partially crushed from a package mailing and Dearest Son’s play, so I know it’s the right size. For now, though, Ghoulia, Cleo, and Frankie’s feet are dangling in Lagoona, Abbey, and Ghoulia’s faces. I’m hoping to get to Hobby Lobby soon, so I can wrap the box in a nice sheet of 50%-off scrap paper.


I also did some rearranging, as putting seven dolls in the space of four freed up some space. Now the ghouls look more like they’re talking in a herd instead of ignoring each other every third doll. I also did a couple small clothing repairs – I tacked the ribbon belt on to the crystal-pleated skirt I made for Dead Tired DracuLaura several months ago – and swapped out some clothes. The two dresses I bought from a MH Marketplace seller arrived, and I had fun picking out jewelry to go with Gloom Beach Clawdeen’s new dress. The pattern I had for lining the sandals with sticky-back felt or fun foam has vanished, so I made a new one, and cut into the sticky black felt for the first time. It really helps hold Clawdeen’s feet in and forward. I also removed the white bow from the neckline and sewed it to the hemline instead. I’m weird like that.


Cut out one of those ‘trial’ thingies I hope to make a bunch of for Halloween photos this year. No time to sew one today, and I think it’ll be too big, but we’ll see. Hopefully I’ll get to stitch it up tomorrow, after the Homeschool class and before dinner. Wish me luck ! And please wish my Beloved luck in his midterms ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment