Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Don't worry - I won't quit my day job for Art...


Current Mood : Whimsical


I completely forgot that today was the first day of Beloved Hubby’s graphic arts class – the one he’s teaching under the auspices of the local homeschooling association, at the Library. So we were up early for it, and walked out to see the other duck, the one that roosts nightly inside the poolside plants…with her four new ducklings ! Sooo cute ! They got half a raisin bagel for adorableness. And I now know why Howard is now uber-possessive of the Meow Mix he disdained last week. Who knew ducklings liked cat food ? If there’s one vaguely fish-shaped kernel left, they’ll upend his bowl and eat it for him.


I confess, I was mostly going to the art class to keep Beloved and Dearest Son company. I don’t draw. Never had any talent in it, no matter how hard I tried, back in my misspent youth. While I believe Chuck Jones’ theory that, once you get the first couple hundred thousand bad drawings out of the way, you start getting really good, I just never cared enough to get that far. Until doll clothes came along, that is. I’m still on my first couple hundred bad doll outfits…


Anyway, while we weren’t expecting a huge turn-out, the few that said they would be there…well, weren’t. So we did the class by ourselves, just us three. And it was a lot more fun than I thought it’d be. I did today’s Ghoulia sketch, just on a whim, and puzzled out a couple new outfits I wanna sew soon. That’s when one of the families came in, a bit late, but better late than never. Beloved’s a gifted teacher. And both kids – and their mom – enjoyed the abbreviated class. We booked the room for next Tuesday amid eager kids saying they were already looking forward to it.


Cleaned up around the place, did a load of laundry. Didn’t find a single penny. Ah, well.  As the afternoon cooled down, Dearest wanted to run his scooter around, and I figured it was about time I made peace with my bicycle. It still seems just a bit too tall for me, but there’s no way to lower the seat any further, darn it. Unfortunately, the handlebars are so loose, I can’t use it. Hopefully Beloved can fix it later. I’m hoping to ride it a bit before it gets too cold.


Since I didn’t get to sew today, I got the dishes done so I can tomorrow ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment