Saturday, September 8, 2012

Yaaay ! It's over !


Current Mood : Relieved


Well, it’s the dreaded first Home Game day. Yet I have had bizarre good luck. Tagged along with Beloved Hubby to the laundry room, where we found a dime and three pennies on the floor. While he loaded the washer, I looked around and found a familiarly striped bit of fabric, too. I sidled closer to investigate – and found a Sweet 1600 Clawdeen ‘gift’ dress, the one I’ve photographed on my newly-bodied Skull Shores Ghoulia. Mine is still on SS Ghoulia, along with DracuLaura’s Sweet 1600 skirt on top. I hated to take it, but it’d end up in the trash if I didn’t. There’s no ‘lost and found’ sock box, or even a bulletin board. How weird. Of all people to find a lost MH dress, it was me !


I then found a nickel and another penny. If this keeps up, our laundry will soon be self-financing !


I also got to see five cars, including two that’ve been there since classes at the University started, get towed from the apartment lot this evening. I know I shouldn’t have watched, but…well, I laughed for a minute and then moved on. I hope I’ll be forgiven someday for enjoying someone else’s future misery.


Still, it was a home game, so it was a small neighborhood celebration. We probably could have skipped dinner and just wandered around the tailgate parties and ate pretty well, but since we’re not big team-spirit boosters, it seemed disingenuous. The kids were out in the courtyard, and Dearest Son got to play for hours. We brought out art supplies and Beloved led impromptu art classes in between studying. Wasn’t as loud as I thought it’d be, and the home team won. It’s rumored that the reason one of the usual night freight trains was stuck on the tracks for hours shortly after game’s end was due to an accident, but I can’t find out anything further.


It was hours after the end of the game before anybody could get anywhere, but we were prepared fairly well. Not bad for a sort of shake-down cruise !

No comments:

Post a Comment