Monday, September 24, 2012

Free Link to Someone Else's Pattern Inside !


Current Mood : Kicked-back

Current Image Notes : Click to see bigger !


Started off briskly this morning – laundry and mail. Got a grocery circular with some good deals, and there were a couple things we needed anyway, so… Once the laundry was hung out, I went ‘cherry picking’, got all the deals, and spent darn near everything but the change I had. It’s funny, ‘cause, according to the cashier, I saved $12. – but only spent $11. ! And that didn’t count the cheese sampling they had going on, and the candy they gave Dearest Son. The ‘raspberry’ cheese was more an aftertaste of berry than an actual flavor, but it was still good. We both liked the brie and farmer cheddar, but the Spanish Montenebro was a bit too sharp for us.


On the way out, a fundraiser got the rest of my change, and Dearest was handed a small package of Twizzlers. Lucky ! But he deserved it, he was so helpful before and after our little shopping trip.


Luckily, we didn’t need to buy soda. We’re nearly out of the stuff, but we’re cutting back. It’s easy since the weather’s changing and Beloved Hubby and I favor coffee in the morning. I’ve finally learned to appreciate cold, clear water, especially with meals, so it’s no hardship for me. If I want taste, I can always stir up some Kool-Aid or get some tea going. It’s a far cry from when I used to buy two 24-can cases a week and still occasionally run out !


Beloved’s electronic cigarette arrived today, and I gotta say I prefer it by a long chalk ! The vanilla smells heavenly, there’s no cigarette butts, empty packs, and ashes everywhere, and even when I sneaked a puff, my lungs didn’t seize up on me. My poor heart pounded, but my airways twitched not a whit. He likes it, too, so I think the investment will pay off before another two weeks pass. If nothing else, we’ll save a half hour and a gallon or so of gas a day by not running to 7-11 every day (and twice on weekends /days off !).


Didn’t get a lot of one thing done, but a lot of little things. And I found a free blouse pattern for MH, so this isn’t a total waste of time for ya ! Go here, and scroll down a bit ‘til you see Skull Shores DracuLaura. If you click on the picture, you get a brief history of the pattern and some neat photos. The pattern is the text under the photo, so if you want it, click ‘Monster High Blouse’. I look forward to using it in a few days, I like how the dropped waist looks on her example.


Oop. I’m out of water. Gonna get a refill and settle down – I only have about a hundred pages left of The Razor’s Edge, and I can’t wait to see how it all turns out, even though I’ve already seen the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment