Sunday, September 16, 2012

Who wants some Cadbury Screme Egg ? I can never eat a whole one...



Current Mood : Hopeful



"Either the gargoyles are getting bigger or this is
gonna be frightful when it hatches !"
Tried something new today ! Last night was Taco Night, and as usual, we ate heartily, leaving only an ounce of seasoned hamburger, a single taco shell, and most of the can of refried beans. I was so tired, I just put the lid on the pot the refried beans were cooked and served in, and shoved it in the fridge with the other leftovers.


Decided on a can of bean soup for lunch, but the best pot to cook that in was, natch, the one that had cold refried beans in it. I was still scooping them out of the pot when I realized – that’s beans, too. Just different kinds. And I like them, although it is kinda hard to finish ‘em before they turn bad. Not that fond of burritos, and after one lunch of ‘em, I tend to forget that there’s still some beans left. What if…I added some water, the taco hamburger, some cut-up lunchmeat ham, and pepper, then stirred together a soup out of that ? It was delicious ! Especially with crackers. I enjoyed every last bite.


Not much else going on, we all loafed around and planned the upcoming week. The girls next door came over to play, and Beloved Hubby organized a quick drawing lesson, mostly to involve everyone in something besides dropping stuff from the third floor landing.  Next time, I’m gonna teach them to fold origami boxes, and have a ‘refresher course’ handout ready to print.


I had a better idea for today’s photo, but I couldn’t find the pipe cleaners I used to have. I may have ditched them. Oh, well. I’m sure I’ll be able to find another Screme Egg and craft supplies later. BTW, the yolk that’s yellow at Easter is green in this one. Otherwise, they taste exactly the same, and are identical under the foil wrapping, too. 

1 comment:

  1. We love tacos here too, and since I'm pretty much the only one who likes refried beans, I've made a soup much like yours for my lunch the next day. Must remember to freeze the rest of my beans in smaller portions next time so I can make quick batches of soup!

    Lagoona looks fab, and I saw the Screme Eggs the other day while grocery shopping too1 :-)

    ReplyDelete