Thursday, September 13, 2012

Because usually 'START' has nothing to do with buying or selling a car...


Current Mood : Changeable.


Kind of out of sorts today. We had Dearest Son’s therapy today, which turned out to be Mom & Dad therapy instead. The assignment we were given as ‘homework’ sounds so simple on the surface, but due to the many restrictions and requirements, is actually a major pain to enact. I understand the theory behind it, but when the therapist is reading it to you out of a book, yet expects you to have the semi-clever acronym memorized the first time you hear it, I admit I kinda felt my back going up. I’ll do it, although I kind of see it as designed for kids much younger than Dearest, and rather a waste of time. It may have some benefit, though, so I’ll push down my feelings on it – it’s not about me, after all – and make it happen. I’m really starting to question this therapy, though.


Unfortunately, Beloved Hubby’s all for it and doesn’t really understand what I’m objecting to, no matter how many times I’ve tried to explain it, it sounds like I just don’t want to take the time. That’s why I’m whining about it here. Maybe I should find a therapist of my own, to complain about Dearest’s therapist, with. It could be that, after a play-therapy session, I didn’t like how she critiqued my play with Dearest, yet praised Beloved’s, I don’t know. I’ll just do what I have to, hope for the best.


Of course, that happens first thing in the morning, which put a pall on the day. I spent most of the time wondering why my objections to the ‘simple’ homework were so entrenched that I really didn’t get much done. Never went near the sewing machine, and mostly puttered and cleaned the kitchen, which is good for my thought focus. At least something gets done, it doesn’t need every fiber of my always-limited concentration, and if nothing else, I feel better with a clean kitchen. It’s trashed now, after a slightly more complicated than usual dinner. There are times I look down and still expect to see the word ‘START’ under my feet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment