Sunday, September 23, 2012

He looks so good when he's got it all together...


Current Mood : Boy crazy.


What a nice day today was ! We got to sleep in, and I made pancakes for breakfast, then grabbed a shower and settled in to the day. Both my guys had enjoyed their blankets last night, and I slept like a rock, too. Still had a headache, though, so I opted out of visiting M & FIL this afternoon. Between my head and a sudden need for some alone time, I just didn’t think I’d be much fun. So I had a leftover lunch, and put Puma Dude back together again.


Not sure why, but for some reason, his name is Chris. Christopher Something, I haven’t gotten that far yet. The silvery grey isn’t quite blue enough for a better match, but I’m pleased and happy with how he turned out. It is much better than the pink, that much is for sure !


Since Dearest Son had started borrowing the blue and black argyle-patterned socks as gloves, I figured I’d best get to sewing one or both of ‘em before they stretched out. Luckily, I still had the ballpoint needle in KJ from his blanket yesterday. Made just a simple tube, and just for kicks, pushed the cutaway toe onto Spectra’s head, as a hat. It actually fit fairly well. Hmmm…Maybe I could make a beret out of it.


Ended up putting the new dress on Skull Shores Lagoona, since I wanted to dress her in something new this time. I liked how her pink bracelet, headband flower, and earrings looked with the dark blues and black of the dress, so I went with it. Gave her the Stardoll Barbie pink boots and hemmed the beret with pink ribbon, which unfortunately stretched it out a bit too much. So I ran another line of stitching to gather it in a bit. Now it fits, sags a bit to the side like a standard beret, and has an appealing ruffle, which looks pretty good. I sewed a glittery pink star to it, and I liked that, too. You’ll get to see it tomorrow.


I almost wish I could go get the rest of the Stardoll outfit sets while they’re on clearance. The shoes look and fit very well. The dress is gonna take serious work to fit – I can take it in easily enough, it’s just that the bodice is really low on MH dolls – but the other accessories are fun and still in scale. Belle looks really cute in the heart-shaped sunglasses ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment