Friday, September 28, 2012

Yoked skirts are *fun* !


Current Mood : Happily creative !


Got to sew today ! I’d been kind of wanting to try a yoked skirt, and this one from Kristine Ann’s looked like it’d work…and it did ! I confess, I was looking for deep purple fabric, but the two pieces I could easily snag just weren’t good shades of it. The green, however, looked close enough to the Stardoll blouse’s leaves, so I used it instead. It’s a great pattern. Start to finish took less than half an hour, and it fits beautifully. I hope to try it tomorrow, lengthened a bit. Or use that lace I got last weekend on a straight skirt pattern of hers I haven’t tried yet.


I also found a scrap of black ribbon while cleaning under my desks, cut from something else, and made her a headband. I like how it looks on her, but I still need to give her a quick boil rinse. It helps hide the bends in her hair from the original side ponytail and packaging.


Found a box to boost the bleachers up, and I got it installed – then realized I couldn’t see the faces of any dolls on the back row. Not gonna happen ! So I cut up a ramen box into strips, taped them together, covered ‘em with paper, and made a seat booster. Much better ! Every time I think I may wanna buy the Coffin Bean playset, or just two of its sofas off eBay, I remember how most doll sofas are too low and hold off. I ended up coming up with a rough design for one of my own. It won’t look nearly as polished, but at least I won’t have dolls sitting weirdly on it ! I just have to find some more cardboard…


While I was up there, I made space for Christopher Baines, formerly known as ‘Puma Dude’ , with the rest of the fellas. Speaking of the luscious MH guys, I’ve heard rumors that Gil Weber is shipping again – that Gloom Beach assortments have been appearing at Mal-Warts and Targets. Curious, I looked him up online, and was stunned to see he commands over $100. on eBay. Out of box ! I sure hope it’s true he’s been re-released. He’s awesome, and well worth adding to any group of MH dolls !


Well, here’s hoping I get to sew more tomorrow – and that you get to enjoy a day your way, too ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment