Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Bling Bling Belle !


Current Mood : Sated on 'Hunger Games' for now. 



I had a surprise waiting for me this morning. It’s entirely possible that Beloved Hubby thought I might not have enough to keep me busy today while he was in school and Dearest Son was visiting his grandparents. Sometime last night, he located a RedBox DVD copy of The Hunger Games and got it for me. Isn’t he the sweetest ? I’m #114 on the list for it at the Library.


By the time they Library notifies us that it’s ready for pick-up, I’ll probably be ready to see it again. Wow. It’s about as close to the book as it could get – and this is coming from someone who grew up thinking the book is always better than the movie. Sure, it’s off on some details, like the origin of the Mockingjay pin, which eliminates a plot point later in the series, but I guess it didn’t matter at the time they were filming. I have to admit, I was impressed. The film version really captured most of the book’s contents, both intimated and plain said.


Anyway, since I had several hours all my own, I was determined to not waste the myriad of opportunities in them. I made a list of all I wanted to do that I could reasonably get done – all fun, enjoyable activities. However, I passed out asleep in my chair right after the movie, and about all I managed to get done was shower and feed m’self. I didn’t even take the cover off KJ, much less get any sewing done. I’ve certainly made a poor showing of this year’s Sewing Month, that’s fer sure !


Meanwhile, I discovered that the triple ‘strand’ Stardoll necklace (it’s all one piece) and the heart-shaped sunglasses simply don’t fit or work with MH dolls. So Belle got them. Dearest commented that she looked all blinged out, so for now, she’s Bling Bling Belle !

1 comment:

  1. Belle looks fabulous!

    I am glad to hear that you think The Hunger Games movies follows rather well with the book. I read the books a few weeks ago and have been very hesitant to watch the movie as I was very afraid they would stray too far from the book. Like you I too grew up believing that more often than not the books are WAY better than the movies. Maybe I'll watch THG after all! :-)

    ReplyDelete