Thursday, September 27, 2012

I love a stormy night ! Long as I'm inside dry and warm, of course...


Current Mood : Still Sleepy


Today’s therapy was…really tough for me. Not so much for Beloved Hubby or Dearest Son, which I was glad about, but I realized a couple more painful truths I’ve been running from for years, and I can’t keep avoiding them anymore. Some long-standing behaviors of mine are gonna hafta change, and I know it’s for the best, but…(sigh)  Sometimes truth hurts, and sometimes changes are hard, and often it’s both at the same time.


I ended up having a lie down as soon as we got back, and woke to a crack of thunder and a stab of lightning that hit a tree in the neighborhood. Well, that explained the headache I’d had off and on all week. I got up when Beloved had to leave for school and just sort of relaxed through the day. I had a lot to think about.


The Chewlian I ‘won’ on eBay came in ! He’s Venus McFlytrap’s pet, an Audrey II-like plant with an irresistible grin. Only one problem – he can’t stand up ! Always tips right over. Ah, well, the doll-scale perfume thingie I painted to look like a trophy won’t stand up straight either. So I looked it up and found that Hobby Lobby carries Bard’s Tacky Wax, a sort of museum putty for miniatures. Comes in a small container, and is pretty inexpensive. I’ll have to remember to pick some up next time we go.


And in other news, as of last week, Ghoulia has her own Hadron Collider. I forgot there was a new webisode, and today’s image is from that, Aba-Kiss Me Deadly. I just loved how pretty she looked in that shot. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it might be a design flaw in Chewlian, as mine tends to tip over on a regular basis as well!

    Can I make a suggestion before you pick up the tacky wax...grab a box of double sided glue dots from the scrapbooking section. They come in different sizes and stick well, but generally don't leave and waxy residue. I much prefer them to the wax.

    ReplyDelete