Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mal-Wart, home of low prices and rude jerks. Always.


Current Mood : Dropped from shopping...

Current Image Notes : Click to see more Dollar Tree knockoff fun ! 



Beloved Hubby’s already gotten back the grades from one midterm – 96 ! So thanks for the kind wishes. He’s under a lot of stress, and we do what we can to support him, but we all need that extra encouragement now and again.


Really busy day today. The funds we’ve been awaiting arrived, and to celebrate, I took Dearest Son to Dollar Tree for some fun and some necessaries. I got the very last package of MH stickers in the whole store. I bought two earlier this month, but gave one away, and kinda wanted another. They still had tons of GI Joe, Dora, and Spiderman, but only a few Barbie and Avengers remaining. I also found more knockoff Fashion Monsters, this time as a set of posters. I’ll toss in scans of the line art whenever I don’t have a photo pending, because they are kind of cute, and sometimes knockoffs can sharpen our appreciation of the real thing. Or just make us want both ! One day, I will see an actual doll knockoff, I just know it.


We also hit Mal-Wart when class was over. (sigh) I never hate people as much as when I’m in a M-W. Had an associate march right down the middle of the ‘racetrack’, no cart or anything even in her hands, but I had to dive Dearest and our cart into the t-shirts to avoid her. She certainly wasn’t getting out of a mere customer’s way ! Also saw someone note what line we were getting in and race to be there first, and had a herd of shorts-with-Ugg-boots 20-somethings cut right in front of us when the cashier in the cell phone kiosk wouldn’t let one of ‘em have her way. Arrrgh.


But Dearest got the new bed he needs – we can’t find where his old one is leaking – and some soft, warm pants for cooler climes. I got some Fall shoes with actual arch support ! They’re cute, too. I also found a markdown purse I just love, and I swear, once I wear it out, I’m cutting it up to serve as a pattern. We got a few other long-delayed necessities, and headed for home and a quick freezer-to-oven dinner. It felt great to get those things we’ve been needing so long, but I was so glad to be home ! 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your Beloved on his grades.
    Your son always sounds like such a great kid.
    I've only been inside a Walmart twice but I get their flyers and they rarely seem to have particularly low prices. Maybe it's because prices in Canada are always higher at these American chains but I've never understood what the draw was.We're getting Targets in a few months so I'll see if they're an improvement.

    ReplyDelete