Friday, September 21, 2012

Doll hair fun day !


Current Mood : Happy


Big day for Dearest Son – first Flea Market of the month ! And since yard sale season is drying up, the Flea looked more like booths with familiar sellers and less like several trash trucks disgorged their random treasures onto sawhorse and plywood tables. He was looking for one seller in particular, the one with the scale car models, and luck was with us, he was there today. After studying the array of awesome autos, he selected a classic Maisto blue 1965 Corvette. Had to advance him a couple bucks, but totally worth it.


Didn’t find anything for me, so we hit Target down the street. I figured the little MH goodies I kept seeing on eBay were from their Dollar Spot, and I was right. I got the dry erase board I wanted from the four styles available, and two pair of socks – one for me, one for doll clothes. I also saw the stickers, little notebooks, and fluffy novelty pens, none of which I wanted today. Found the stretchy bookcover on markdown for 60c, and snagged one. Not sure how I’ll use it, but for 60c, I can keep it around for a bit.


You’d think, with my love of fairy tales, I’d be all over the Target-exclusive Scary Tales line, but…for whatever reason, they just don’t engage me. Sad, because that’s about all the store had, aside from art kits, the Sweet 1600 car, and one lonely DracuLaura reissue, on the doll section shelves. Saw that Stardolls were on  half-off markdown, and got the pink heart dress – with the pink boots and black-and-white shoes -  accessory set. I’ve wanted it since we all learned that their shoes fit MH, so I was happy to find it at a great price. Anybody want the Stardoll website code card ? Some Barbie Basics dolls and accessory sets were also on markdown, and the Winx ‘casual’ and ‘concert’ dolls were on sale for $12.99. Tempting. Wish I could get a straight answer if Winx shoes fit MH dolls, I’ve heard ‘yes’ and ‘no’ several times over !


Snagged Dearest’s lunch and a snack for me, the milk we needed, and we were headed for home. He couldn’t wait to open his new Corvette. I figured I’d save my Stardoll goodies for tomorrow – unless the dress fits Ballerina Belle, it and the floral crop top are getting altered to fit Spectra. There’s another home game tomorrow, and I’m really going to do my best to avoid traffic, and the best way is to get all involved in a new project. And I do love altering doll clothes. All I need now is a huge bag of potato chips, and I'm ready !


Speaking of Belle, her hair is dry. And a total mess. Most of it is so short, it can’t be styled at all, and the rest veers off on independent tangents. About the only way to make it look good at all was to put it back into a ponytail, and leave it down. It actually looks more film-accurate that way than any of the theatrical-release dolls I bought back in 1991 ! That’s probably why I like this one so much, she quite resembles the first Belle doll I had, the first one that, well, was.

No comments:

Post a Comment