Monday, September 3, 2012

Hope you had a quiet moment today, too.


Current Mood : Contemplative. 


Today started with a very hungry Howard, yowling at the door. Howard’s more-or-less the apartment complex stray, several of us feed him. He doesn’t really belong to anyone since pets are verboten, but he’s still affectionate, and very thin. So we feed him, and hope to slip him doses of de-wormer in cans of tuna soon. He’s clean and so affectionate,  we wanna help him. And he’d probably commit perjury and usury in the same day for tuna. Poor kitty’s always hungry, so instead of another round of cheap tins of moist food, I got a big bag of ye olde Meow Mix last time we were out.


Since every plastic duck and cat bowl I’ve set out has vanished, I’ve learned to make simple paper origami boxes out of old printouts (directions here), and if I can reuse them, good, if not, it’s anonymous paper. I make sure of that before I start folding. With Beloved Hubby’s academic career, I got plenty of printouts ! And Howard clearly knows where the soft touches around here are. I think he even kind of likes his special food packages.


Meanwhile, this always happens when there’s a Hoarders / Hoarding marathon. I soak it up for a day or two, then start looking for clutter. Today, the bin holding all the DVDs, rearranged in towering stacks from Beloved Hubby diggin’ for one specific movie, started to bug me. Waay past time for us to pull some we haven’t watched in years. Pulled out almost fifty that no one misses, and the bin’s still full. Just less so. We have a lot of box sets. I’m still amazed we can get all 200 of ‘em in that plastic box to begin with. I have a great storage bookcase all picked out that’ll fit everything and the Wii stuff, and it even fits under the TV shelf Beloved Hubby made – we’re just waiting for the fundage. While I doubt the resale place will give us ten bucks for the lot, it’d be hilarious if we got enough to get the bookcase from selling some of the DVDs !

No comments:

Post a Comment