Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Fat Quarters ! Fabric I don't feel guilty about buying !


Current Mood : Cheesy !


Another calm, quiet day. I really should sew or be more productive, but I’m happy just being calm and quiet for a while longer. I’m still having some sleep issues stemming from last week’s clinic nightmare, and I know how ridiculous that is, but there they are. I’m just glad I’ve had lots of good books to read – and wish the Library was open tomorrow. I’ve already asked to be added to the queue for Catching Fire and Mockingjay, the next two Hunger Games books. I also have a buncha paperbacks I got from thrift stores to add to their sales racks.


Found a recipe for Russian dumplings while I was searching for something to replicate Dearest Son’s favorite Sweet & Sour Pork from the local Chinese take-out. Seems simple enough for me to try, although I’ll have to cut the recipe down to one fourth for a trial run. I’m rather liking my experiments with new recipes lately.


With the ingredients in mind, and the fact that we needed milk and bread, Dearest and I hit the local grocery. While it’s not the grater I wanted, I found a cheap one that’ll do for a bit at the Dollar General next door – I’m looking forward to making hash browns soon ! Also discovered that on some things (canned cat food for the complex stray, ramen noodles, coffee creamer), DGen is cheaper than the grocery store. Nothing I needed today, but now I know where to look when I do.


Poor Dearest is getting used to getting dragged from one end of a grocery store to another, so I can ‘check on things’. Then I’ll remember something else I wanna explore. I look at stuff that’s nowhere near what’s on the list, but since I’m slowly turning in to some sort of cheap-ingredient ‘foodie’, I’m always trawling for ideas and prices.


One thing that’s surprised me is how well the cookie sheet and brownie pan I got from Dollar Tree have not only lasted, but worked. Maybe I just take better care of them, but they’ve really been quite durable and reliable. Hoping to snag a couple more cookie sheets and a muffin tin soon. Every time I look at the doll-scale cupcakes Deborah – small-scale art, if you want the truth – sent me, I want some I can eat !


For now, though, I got that cheese I’ve been wanting. It’s nice when you can enjoy something so close to wanting it !


1 comment:

  1. I love the lantern fabric, it's so cute! I think I have that same spotted green too! =D

    ReplyDelete