Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hearts and hugs Tuesday !


Current Mood : Weary. And full of tasty soup !


I’m not sure if there’s a bug going ‘round, or it's the massive thunderstorm muttering over our heads, or something else entirely, but I’ve been tight-chested and dizzy all day. I really had to push m’self through Beloved Hubby’s art class, even though I enjoyed it. Came home afterwards and darn near passed out while we were still talking. He says several students and a couple professors have reported respiratory complaints and exhaustion, so I wonder…


Woke up feeling better, but still tired. I remembered that last night, I printed out the pattern I told ya about yesterday, and never fetched it off the printer. Hrmf. Seam allowance is about an eighth of an inch – tiny as the ones from Tarja. So I took out my trusty semi-transparent Disney Princess ruler and redrafted it to a quarter inch. Ordinarily, I’d at least try it at the original specs first, but nearly the whole thing’s hemmed, and I already know how frustrated I get at half-size hems. Unfortunately, I lacked the energy to sew it – or even scan it, in case it works ! – so it’s ready when I am.


But I was just a shade too restless to just sit and watch whatever was on cable. So I altered the Stardoll pink ‘hearts’ dress. First round, I just took it in at the side seams a quarter-inch from the stitching, from top hem to bottom hem,  but it seemed a bit tight at the hips. Left the new seam in at the bodice to the waist, then brought it to the original seam, but that made it hang off-center and too ‘hippy’. Ripped out the second effort and resewed the first. It’s snug at the hips, but looks better than it did ! I may run a red or pink ribbon through the gathering loop at the bodice, make it a halter later. Cleo’s modeling for us today, with the Jemgirl Creations red sparkle shoes she borrowed from Ghoulia. Just don’t tell her that the other side of the scrapbooking paper has stripes with ‘baby bump’ and ‘pregnancy glow’  printed on them !


I also fixed the floral halter top – just tucked it ‘til it fit, then sewed it down and hand-adjusted the ribbon straps. I’ll make a skirt to go with it tomorrow, and since she hasn’t had anything new since she got here, I think Spectra will model for us. Dearest Son gets to visit his grandparents, so I’ll have time…long as I don’t go shopping ! (grin)

1 comment:

  1. Shut the front door!!!! Oh my gosh you made that stardoll dress look AMAZING!!! (Almost makes me wish I hadn't traded it away. Wahhh)

    Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you get to feeling better really soon!

    ReplyDelete