Sunday, September 1, 2013

Needing all the luck we can get...

Happy September ! White Rabbit !

As anticipated, we got things going early today – I’d already placed an order for internet service installation before 7am. DMIL & FIL have been using a modified dial-up phone service for their online needs as well, but we’re spoiled and need more. I’d compared three other services by 6am, and found the best for the least, although I admit the margins of ‘better’ and ‘worst’ weren’t much different. I just went with the one that offered a lower price and fastest service for a year, then the same price as all the others after that. Can always renegotiate or switch providers later.


Since we are in the midst of a move, I may drop out for a few days. Don’t know when we’ll have internet, and I certainly won’t want to hog the dial-up ! And we can’t spend all day at the Library or a fast-food restaurant when Beloved Hubby has the only vehicle. I’ll keep this up as long as I can, but don’t either of you worry if I vanish for a bit.


And to think, I wrote on a Flickr photo that I don’t envy anyone in the midst of back-to-school shopping. Anybody envy my move ? I’d much rather shop for no-name jeans in a humid discounter’s warehouse with an attitudinal pre-teen girl ! (grin) Actually, since I’ve known this was gonna happen sooner or later, I’m rather glad we’re getting it started already. We’re bringing Netflix, Wii, and internet, they have satellite TV – won’t nobody be bored !


I think I’ve finally reached a quiet peace with Ginger-kitty. Even though she can still knock over a few dolls on her way to her window perch, she didn’t last night – although she knocked over quite a few other things instead. It may be a moot point soon, as I think the bleachers will fit in some built-in shelves and won’t need to be on my Arena desk anymore. If that’s the case, I’ll move the printer where they are now, and open the sewing area up a bit more. Heck, I’ll be able to use the big cutting board if I wanted to ! For now, though, I rotated my old board head to tail, 180 degrees, and numbered the ends. Every new month, I’ll spin it from Half 1 to Half 2 and back around, so I can get more even use of it. It’s done for September, although I have no idea when I’ll get to sew again. Probably be at least a week.


And if it’s not the case I’ll ask Beloved to build me a shelf wherever the Arena ends up to accommodate the bleachers in a row, and they’ll look great that way, too. Or, all else fails, they can stay where they are. Crowded but safe. I just have to keep them away from Friday. I remember from when he was our dog – he’s DFIL’s now – that he loved to chew on any unprotected dolls, so I’m hoping they keep him with them most times. I have no idea how Ginger-kitty’s gonna react to Friday. It’s sure to be epic.



Dearest Son was glad to finally get the cubbies Beloved made – I don’t have space for them anymore – and immediately redid his desk space for them. It’s always neat to see how someone else uses the same item in their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment