Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Catty Noir...yes or no ?




I got a nice little surprise in my e-mail today – Spoonflower wanted to treat me to a free 8-inch square swatch of any print in production, on their new Performance Knit fabric ! Even shipping was free. Wow. It took me over an hour to pick one, a rainbow of scattered stars that’s going to make a gorgeous doll outfit, maybe two. Can’t wait to get it.


I also did another PineCone survey, so there’s six bucks in the Slow-Moe fund. After my sheer miraculously lucky Gill Weber find last year, I don’t wanna take any chances with Slow-Moe. Frankly, as soon as he starts showing up for around $30. and once I’ve verified he’s not available locally, I’m placing an order. I will have my Slow Moe.  


Kinda fighting m’self over Catty Noir. She’s a lovely doll in a glitter-pink tin-foil explosion of  a dress, and I just don’t know if I want her or not. If so, she’d be the first-ever MH doll I’d prefer to buy nude. I love the style of the dress, and the silver makes me so happy. But between the hair and the dress, it’s a tidal wave of pink, and I can’t deal. It’d be nice to have her, though, and let her pal around with Catrine DeMew. I just hate to go back on my ‘no more dolls ‘til Slow-Moe’ word – again ! But if I find one on shelves, and we have money….mine.



Not gonna worry about it now. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Dorrie! I got Catty a couple of weeks ago, and while she's lovely, she's a bit of a mixed bag. Her hair, I'm sorry to say, is just terrible. There's so much of it, and it sheds worse than a persian cat in summer. The texture is super-fine, and it goes everywhere. I've brushed and brushed her, and it just makes it more flyaway.

    She is beautiful in borrowed clothes, though! Her pink popstar dress really doesn't do her justice, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, hon ! Thanks for the CN review - if you like her, I'm sure to, you've always had awesome taste ! Here's hoping I can find her when I find about $25. in my pocket (grin).

    That's one doll I soooo want to put in denim shorts and a t-shirt, fer sure ! Maybe even arrange a haircut...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has SOOOOO much hair! XD I was threatening her with a haircut last night since she'd taken to toppling off her saddle stand if the table moved the wrong way. The saddle stand was fine at first, but I think it's started to fit looser the more I take her off and on it or something. I have some photos of her redressed that I'll toss on my page pretty soon to join the couple of existing ones.

      Warning: I'm a terrible photographer. XD

      Delete
    2. Got 'em up here on my blogspot blog! :D Enjoy!

      Delete