Monday, September 23, 2013

Keep me away from the scissors !

Current Notes : And I thought I needed sunglasses to shop the Pink Aisle of ten years ago...




‘Catty Noir comes with all you see here’ – imagine it chirped in a cute kids’ voice, because that’s all that’s in Catty’s box. Well, there’s also the ‘the hands come off’ leaflet, but that’s it. This is my first experience with one of the MH ‘deluxe’ dolls, and it’s pretty nice, but I’d rather pay $15. for a bit less. I can’t be the only one who’s having to restrain him/herself from taking scissors to their new Catty Noir’s issue dress. Normally I like the ‘short in front, long in back’ asymmetrical look, but this dress is one hot mess ! Beautifully made, though, and well detailed. I didn’t see the left shoulder strap until I had her deboxed, it blends with her skin tone so well. I’d adore that dress in silver with black or almost any other color but highlighter dayglo pink.


She also comes with the upgraded ‘crotch’ stand, and it works better than I’d been led to believe – supposedly the same stand came with the Scary Tales series, and most didn’t let the doll’s feet touch the stand, so they always wobbled and fell off. Catty’s steady as a rock on hers, it’s been hours since I took the photo, and she’s still in the same position.


Her microphone is the best doll mike I’ve ever been lucky enough to own. I also want to spray paint it black. Instead of ring holes or clumsy all-hand grips that slide right back off  the dolls’ fingers, this has a sort of prong that fits between her fingers, almost like a bright pink set of brass knuckles. Because her right hand is a sort of soft ‘claw’ one, you can actually position the prong where you want it, so the mike is higher or lower in her hand. Her left hand is in a spread open but not so claw shape. I like it.



Not much on the boots. They’re going in the ‘sell’ doll case. I really need to get all that stuff posted on eBay or something. Can’t wait to redress her in something new tomorrow ! 

1 comment:

  1. Word of caution! The saddle stand works less well on shoes with thinner soles than Catty's boots. Haven't had her fall off it, but she's wobbled a bit as I tried to get her balanced.

    ReplyDelete