Thursday, September 5, 2013

Soon we're gonna be cookin' with gas !




We are sooo lucky ! The cooktop at DMIL & FIL’s house that was dicey at best when we lived there before is pretty much a hazard to anyone who uses it – and the whole house. If you’ve not had the delightful need to price gas cooktops, lemme tell you, they don’t come cheap. I could get a whole gas stove combo faster, easier, and cheaper than I can get just the cooktop- burners. Too bad the kitchen isn’t set up for that.


So, I hit Craigslist – and found one in our current town, listed just today, for $150. ! Sounds like a lot, but I found it brand-new on the company’s website…for $1200.  Wow. We got it tonight, and if it was ever used, it was lightly so. I couldn’t even find any scratches on it. I’m so excited. The electric stovetop burners here are all crooked – always fun when you’re cooking eggs – and these are absolutely straight, level, and nice and heavy. Can’t wait to use it ! The seller wished us the best of luck with the move, we wished her good fortune with her kitchen remodel !


Otherwise, not a lot’s going on. We’re about half packed up and moved – the rest is stuff we’re still using, stuff like food, or Beloved Hubby’s stuff he wants to pack himself. I understand, I’m waiting to pack the MH dolls last, and by m’self, after all. We’ve also waited to move the TV and computers, since there’s no internet ‘til the 16th, so we may as well enjoy what we have ‘til we have to let it go. Probably Sunday. We keep going back and forth on whether or not he’s working Saturday, so I’m not making plans.



Hmm…could go clean out the fridge while I’m spinning my wheels…

No comments:

Post a Comment