Saturday, September 28, 2013

Lovely day !

Current Notes : I love that song !




Some days are just nice. Woke late to a thunderous rainstorm that left everything bright, sunny, and cool, after encouraging most of us to linger in bed longer, start the day later. Ginger-kitty came in soaked, paw-spotted my shirt in a ‘dry me off’ cuddle before sprinting for her chow. Beloved Hubby had some errands to run, though, so he was up and at ‘em before I could translate the sounds he made into words. I was sleeping *hard* !


But eventually even I had to give up my slug-a-bed ways, and face the day. Beloved found two trash bags crammed full of miscellany from the end of the move, and lucky me, it was mostly laundry. Ah, well, it was a good day to do it. By the time he was back, I had one load completely done and half put away, the second in the dryer. I was wondering where some of those blouses had gone ! Still missing a nightgown, though. 


It’s been a really nice day. Dearest Son opted to have lunch – pizza rolls – with his grandparents instead of going out with us, so I had Beloved all to m’self for a while. We opted to visit a slightly more upscale local place (well, more upscale by a degree or two than McDs !) that Dearest doesn’t much care for, and had a grand, wonderful long late lunch. I had good news in the mail to share, a troublesome financial issue had been adjucated in my favor, so we discussed our next house project a bit, talked about what we’d like to do in various rooms, and sort of verbally daydreamed a bit together.



Once home, stuffed full of quality proteins, my Beloved was too tired to stand upright, so I put him down amid dryer-warm laundry for a nap. I dozed a bit on the sofa while Dearest finished watching Wall-e with DM & DFIL, and just enjoyed the sounds of a lazy Saturday neighborhood afternoon. It was bright from the sun reflecting in hundreds of clear puddles, and the sky was as blue as Ghoulia’s hair. Lovely day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment