Sunday, September 15, 2013

Moving damages...




Beloved Hubby put all of us to shame today. He was home, and we have a Big Trash Pick Up Day scheduled for Monday, and while most of us believed the pile was big enough already, he went after all the half-finished projects and various ‘intend to’ abandonments, and it’s now huge. All the old furniture is out there, the non-functioning double stoves, the old cooktop and vent hood, tons of stuff from the storage barn that DMIL and DFIL had already cleared out. I helped some, but it was barely a raindrop in the ocean compared to him !


We also have a new-to-us vehicle, and said goodbye and farewell to Venus-diesel. We’re now tooling around in a Toyota 4-Runner that, to me, is darn near perfect for us. Four doors, not quite so tall, a full-size backseat, moonroof, excellent stereo with a CD player, a back big enough for a whole load of groceries with a sliding top and a kind of ‘container’ custom-shaped to the carpet back there that helps keep stuff from tumbling over, with a hatchback and electronic everything. Air conditioning needs charging, but just having the windows open was nice and cool this afternoon ! So far, unless something else springs up, her name is ‘Angel’.


Some bad news, though. Ginger is still rampaging through everything, and she doesn’t care what gets knocked over in her wake. I may have to line the Arena desktops with aluminum foil, she’s so determined to squeeze into any inch of space that might fit her lately. She’s already knocked over and broken her food dish, my OttLite lightbulb, and a coffee mug – yesterday she sent Nightmare, Headmistress Bloodgood’s horse, tumbling to the floor, and I just noticed there’s a big crack in his nose. (sigh) If I could, I’d take it out of her allowance, but one of the things about being a cat is that you don’t really own anything of real value to anyone else but another cat, and 99% of that is cat chow.


2 comments:

  1. You might see if you can find Feliway (I think that's how it's spelled) at Wal-Mart. It's good for calming hyper kitties down. I use it on Finn-cat when he goes to the vet and comes home all freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may just Ginger getting used to her new again environment. My cat drove me crazy for a few days after we moved. He was into everything and jumping all over. He calmed down but still has moments LOL. He's afraid of the spray from air freshener. I use an empty air freshner can to keep him away from things I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete