Sunday, September 29, 2013

Head Case.

Current Notes : There's actually a square case out there, too. It holds 12 dolls, and features the current 'Four Faces' graphic ! 




Quiet cleaning day at Chez Insanity today. Beloved Hubby, Dearest Son, and I tackled various aspects of the kitchen, including a clutter cluster that had sprung up by the doorway, the overrun-by-spoons silverware tray, and some display shelves that needed to be cleaned and emptied. DMIL cleared everything she wanted from the shelves before we arrived, leaving the rest for me. Some of it I liked – a single small Mikasa candlestick, another crystal candy dish, a little glass Christmas tree (you’ll see it in doll photos soon enough !), and a thermometer – but the rest was odd stuff like power cords with no indication what they went to, resin shepherds, porcelain cats with broken tails, old car insurance bills (they haven’t had a car in years), and ancient fish food. I claimed the few bits I wanted and trashed the rest, and set to cleaning. I also cleaned and scraped two cabinet drawers so Beloved could put a sealing finish on them – much better !


We didn’t quite finish the kitchen, as it’s gonna be a continuing, long, tiring effort, and four hours of the morning was enough for one small area. I also tackled some drawers in the hallway, getting those cleaned inside and out. One already has some of my sewing supplies in it, another is still filled with various DMIL papers, but the other two are now clean and ready to use. I think I’ll use one for bath towels.


After that, I straightened out the freezer. I still need to clean it, but I hadn’t organized it at all – Beloved loaded our frozen foods in there from the apartment and from our Aldi’s run, I hadn’t touched it. And I couldn’t find anything. So now that’s done. We had two more pounds of hamburger than I thought !


Then I had an idea about how to fix my curbside-shopped chair. One of the caster-style wheels keeps falling apart. It has five, so it’ll keep rolling, but I can tell it’s off. Since there’s really nothing holding that one wheel on when the opposite ‘cap’ wheel comes off, I figured I could wind a clear elastic from Catty Noir’s packaging around the axel. Maybe that’ll hold it when the cap falls off again. So far, so good !


Made a quick run to Mal-Wart for Dearest’s new bed – he just loves the air beds, I just wish they lasted longer. I got the navy and medium blue threads I’ve been needing. That store’s got jack for fat quarters, and the display and remnants bin are always in such a mess. Riddle me this – why is a fat quarter Got to see the MH doll case, too. I like it, but I’m not sure if I want it or not. I mean, do I want it to store dolls, or to add to the doll case collection ? Both !  



Decisions, decisions… I’m just glad Dearest will sleep well tonight ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment