Tuesday, September 17, 2013

We're back !

Current Notes : Image should get bigger if ya click on it ! 





Another fun day of settling in. At least it’s cooling down somewhat ! I’ve spent less than two hours online, and even less than that if you take away the time had to spend with Windows updates and redoing from scratch the TV listings website with DM & DFIL’s satellite cable. Sure, you get thousands of channels, but half of them are shopping or paid ad channels, and by the time you eliminate the duplicates, sports channels, and  others you’re just not interested in, it’s about as much as yer average cable offering. It’s great if you’re into sports, though.


Sad news, though – my loyal chair has kicked the bucket. Hard to believe that I only got about ten years of service out of a used chair I picked up for $15. out of a field. It wobbled and creaked, and started to tilt this morning, so I added it to the not-yet-picked-up big trash pile. I’m making do with a kitchen chair for now, but maybe I can pick out a new or newer chair at month’s end. Due to how my new Arena is arrayed, I really need a rolling chair now. Wish I knew when the chair-fields bloom…


Moved some more stuff in, out, and around, emptied six more boxes. Beloved got off early and worked on his Study while I knocked out two loads of laundry, washed, dried, and put away. DMIL gifted me a beautiful cut crystal candy jar that I love but wasn’t sure where to put, but we picked up a pound of salt water taffy and now it’s glittering and glimmering on top of an old speaker that’s doubling as an end table for a lamp, proud to be working again.



So much still to do – but I hope to be sewing again this weekend. After all, I found most of my equipment already ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment