Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Loads and loads of stuff later...we still have at least two more to load !



Whoo, boy. While Beloved Hubby took another load up, the fourth one so far, I had all day to help Dearest Son pack up his things. Laws, what a job. Six bags of trash later, nearly all of his toys and things are boxed up and in the living room awaiting the next run. His closets are empty, and his room only has a few things left in it. He still has to go through all his books, decide what to keep and what to donate, but aside from his computer and his furniture, he’s about ready to go.


Beloved was so sweet. Even though I had KJ, my main sewing machine, ready to go for this morning’s run, he insisted I keep it here. He didn’t want me to be without an outlet, with just a computer, cable TV, Netflix, and my dolls to amuse me. I didn’t have the heart to tell him he already had my cutting mat, most of the fabric and notions, all but a couple bobbins of  black and white thread, and all my other tools on the truck already.


This place looks so weird, with half my stuff relocated, the sofa missing, our ‘good’ plates packed up, the portraits and paintings taken down, the bookcases’ spaces blank, and no dining area table. It actually echoes a bit in here when we talk. Even the Arena looks a bit forlorn, with all the stuff I had stuffed under there gone. I’d much rather look at a small cabinet full of ribbon and lace than bare table legs. I still have no idea where the Arena’s even gonna be in the ‘new’ place. At least I know my dolls and things will be safe. Ginger-kitty hasn’t knocked over a single doll since I seated them in the bleachers.



Oh, and I finally managed to spend the $10. AmEx refund gift card. I entered it as a revenue source with PayPal, and PPal took it ! But I wasn’t sure if it’d work or not on an actual purchase. It wasn’t long before I found what I’d really like to spend it on – Ghoulia’s Ghouls Night Out dress, well within the card’s limits, shipping and all. Just in case, though, I made sure there was enough in my usual bank account that it’s tied to, and hit ‘Buy It Now’. And it worked ! Yaay ! I managed to spend $26. out of $30. Beloved thought was impossible to access. Ha ! If it’s money, I’ll find a way to spend it ! Long as I get to spend it on my kind of junk. Now, how do I get that last four bucks… 

No comments:

Post a Comment