Monday, September 30, 2013

Her new CD's on sale tomorrow !

Current Notes : I think I finally got that blouse the way I want ! 






Whoo-hoo ! Cooler weather is on the way ! Last night is the first night since we moved that we didn’t have the air conditioner on. We’re only up to the mid to higher 80s in the forecast this week, and I’m thrilled. So’s Dearest Son. He loves having his own room again !


More cleaning work – the kitchen’s nearly done. All the left-behind bits and pieces are either stored or trashed. Found the bottom bin to the fridge’s freezer, and got that cleaned and put back into service. We also did hours of dishes, including some pots and pans so thick with grease, I’m amazed they didn’t ignite on the burners. A few we couldn’t reclaim, so they got tossed, too. I know I may not get our pots and pans perfectly clean every time, but…(shudder). At least they’re clean now. DFIL has arthritis, so I’m sure it was probably hard  and it hurt to keep them as clean as he did ! Beloved Hubby’s already looking to paint the cabinets and walls, which I will just love.


I got the last of the hallway shelf/drawer cabinet cleaned. Stored the drawer of papers in a box with the rest of the stored stuff, cleaned it out, gave the outside another quick wipe down. The towels now have a place, and there’s two empty drawers for Beloved to claim whenever he needs them. He upgraded his three-hole-puncher, so I claimed his old one and cleaned the new one. The rusty one that didn’t move from the drawers got tossed.


We went out just for a soda, but finally got the fabric and some bits and pieces donated. Glad to have that box out from underfoot ! Everyone was pretty tired after lunch, so while they napped, I sewed ! But first, I gave KJ a good cleaning and oiling. Why do I always forget how much better and quieter he sews when he’s maintained ? I’m starting to write a reminder every month on my MH calendar to do that.



Stitching up today’s blouse was a breeze and a pleasure. Like the previous attempt at lengthening, I could only take it about a quarter-inch further before serious alterations to accommodate those hips would have to be made. Maybe later. For now, the blouse mostly covers the dolls’ bellies, so I’m happy. Catty posed so nicely in DMIL’s rosebushes !

No comments:

Post a Comment