Saturday, September 21, 2013

Movin' on up !

Current Notes : The new and improved MH class assembly ! 





My backache was joined by a bellyache late last night, and I’m not worth much today. Beloved Hubby, on the other hand, took Dearest Son to work with him, and they came home with a new-to-us ceiling fan and a shelf with brackets – for me ! He hung the shelf up about five minutes after walking in the door, then did some work on the backyard. I was so delighted with my new shelf that, after getting all the dolls repositioned (Heath had to be moved from beside Abbey – he kept falling off his seat or into her lap !), I went out to help. Raked leaves, swept the porch, carried trash to the pile, held things while he did the hard work. Not much, but it was nice to feel useful.


We then cut a stray piece of lumber to support the new ceiling fan, and I again held stuff while he did the difficult parts. The circuit the old fan was on is constantly ‘hot’, for some reason, there’s no switch to it, so he had to kill power to most of the house to get that done. There are times that little battery-powered OttLite I bought for photos (and never used, it’s too harsh for them) comes in handy. I held it all over for him to see what he was doing.



I kinda felt bad that I had most of a day to m’self and I didn’t sew – mostly lazed around and read, to tell the truth – but now I have most of an Arena table back, so there’s a lot more space to sew in ! I’m kind of glad I waited, and hope I’ll have time Monday. It’ll take me that long to get everything re-situated, and I already know Sunday’s gonna be kinda busy. I’m hoping to sleep in a bit ! 

1 comment:

  1. That sly Heath, trying to fawn over Abbey at every opportunity! (and falling on his face half the time!)

    ReplyDelete