Friday, September 13, 2013

Hate to miss Friday the 13th this year, but...




I am sooo looking forward to Monday. Beloved Hubby snickered at the thought of me going online-free for a week, and yeah, it isn’t easy, but I haven’t been online at all since Sunday. The Wi-Fi at my Tuesday appointment was a boon only he got to use – they called me back quick and took care of me just as speedily. Then we were gone. I don’t even have a smartphone anymore, so he’s been online more than me, that snickerer ! He’s been so exhausted, I wasn’t even gonna ask for a trip to the Library this week. However, I’m gonna chortle at him when he gets home Monday and I’ve done nothing but surf all day !


Kinda doing that today. There’s things I can unpack, places I can clean, stuff I can arrange, but I’m just relaxing in the afternoon’s light rain. We didn’t have a heavy storm yesterday, and are kinda getting a repeat of it now, but I’m happy for the cooling effects it brings. So nice…


Got some stuff done, though. You can’t imagine the amount of trash this move has generated. Not that much at the apartment, where there were big Dumpsters alla time – but tons here, from cooktops to clean-outs that have included furniture. Beloved and FIL had a huge pile scheduled for pick up this Monday, but the pile vanished last Friday. Both guys were pretty ticked, what were we gonna do with the latest garbage if they picked it up early ? So I called the City Municipals. Turned out City of didn’t pick up the pile last Friday – it was a last round-up from FIMA ! We’re still scheduled for the 16th. Thank Everything, there’s two busted recliners, a half-dead sofa, a really icky old cooktop and vent hood, and I don’t *even* know what’s in those bags in the backyard, waiting to move along to their next destiny. Long as it’s not here, I’m happy !


I also explored more of the music channels that come with satellite TV that DMIL & DFIL subscribe to. DFIL found three other remote controls, and one of them worked, so we’re good. I’m really looking forward to having internet back, because searching through a few hundred channels via the remote and tv-based guide takes forever. DMIL enjoyed the Big Band channel I had on during today’s ‘coffee klatch’ !


I also got to enjoy  two episodes of Good Times and most of Men In Black – but I really prefer the music ! There must be 30 channels, arranged by decades, genres, countries…wow. Last time I was in the hospital, I got so bored with cable TV, I listened to the music channels, and preferred them. Fostered great naps and a patient, benign peace due to no obnoxious ads or loud shows. Now that I’m much healthier (grin), I still prefer music to any other not-paying-attention background, and radio’s better than my own stuff. More songs, and random ones. These stations are great - all music, no ads, and I can genre skip whenever I want to without having to recharge anything, wait a week for more ‘free’ time, be tied down by headphones, or subscriptions or fees. It’s almost like having XM Radio back, for free, and I’ve been kind of missing that.


No comments:

Post a Comment