Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I finally get to sew...but..it didn't go well.

Current Notes : Some truly bad doll sewing ! 




Not sure if it was Beloved Hubby’s early morning coffee – he makes a good strong pot of the stuff ! – or now that I have limits to my time, I can’t waste it, or I was simply ready… whichever it was, I finally sewed today ! And it is absolutely horrible at how out of practice I am. A simple hemmed neckline that I breezed through a few weeks ago was a fight and a struggle and I had to tear my stitches out so many times, the fabric was weakened. And it was thin stuff to begin with ! Nearly every stitch I made was awful, and nothing really fits *right*, ya know ? Of course, it’s been nearly a month since I had the chance to sew, so it stands to reason that I’m off-kilter, but I didn’t think it’d be this bad !


I really should have started with something I’d sewn before. But I had these never-used NG Creations ones, and heavens know I’ve used enough of hers in the past ! But I know that Tarja’s pants pattern is better, and that NG’s has the same crotch issues my trial patterns had, but I somehow always forget that when I go dig for a pattern to stitch up. Ah, well.


Shirt’s the worst, the neckline was redone so many times, it looks like she’s wearing a rope necklace over the v-neck. I also didn’t get the sleeves parallel – one is straight, the other sort of curves downward – and it’s tighter than it should be. The pants have the all-too-common crotch sag, they’re a bit too long, and they simply don’t accommodate Catty’s tail, no matter which way I tried to fit them together.



But that was my silver lining of the day. Since the jeans were too thick to allow her to use her issue stand, I got a regular MH waist-cinch for today’s photo shoot. I’d intended to poke her tail in the top of the jeans, but I wasn’t quite paying attention and instead, her tail went into the center hole in the ‘grabber’ piece of the stand… and it fit ! I tried fitting her tail in from the underside of the bracket, and it held that way, too. Wow ! It works so well, now I’m wondering if it’s supposed to do that, and if everyone else knows it but me ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment