Saturday, September 14, 2013

Braaaain freeze ! Not as funny as previously believed....




Happy, cooler day ! It was so nice today, we started in on the brush pile in the backyard, stacking it in the front for Monday’s big pick-up. DMIL & DFIL also cleaned out a lot of the storage shed while I got a couple boxes unpacked. There’s that much less Beloved Hubby has to help with while he’s home tomorrow !


He worked today, but was home early, long enough to get a nap and swap vehicles with our neighbor – they now have Venus-diesel, we now have their Toyota 4-Runner ! It’s nice ! Four doors, good (if worn) seats, windows and moon-roof all work, even the ‘grocery deck’ cover and back sliding glass work. She’s white with tan appointments, and while her antenna is missing, the radio works beautifully, as does her CD player. So far, Beloved has called her ‘Angel’, and that works !


I’ve learned the hard way, once again, not to buy a Slushie/ Icee / Slurpee –type drink when you’re thirsty, no matter how cool and delicious it looks ! First I took a big pull to get the lid on without overflowing it… and got ‘brain freeze’ so bad, I couldn’t see for fifteen seconds and had to wipe my streaming eyes. Later, when it was mostly melted, I took a sip, and darn near choked on it. Beloved had to pound on me a bit to get me to breathe again. And to think, I bought the thing to avoid caffeine ! Next time, I’m getting a regular fountain Dr. Pepper, ‘cause at least being up all night isn’t gonna kill me !


Ginger-kitty’s driving me nutz. She’s everywhere all at once, and her little paws can’t touch the floor, no sir. I’m gonna hafta string barbed wire around the Arena to keep her from jumping on and off and in my face suddenly outta nowhere. Today, I hung up the disco ball in the living room, and just to insure I actually use it, placed the spotlight to it on top of the tower of fabric-filled milk crates. Eventually, I’ll find the colored filters, they’re safely hiding somewhere right now. But that couldn’t stand, nuh-uh, not in Ginger’s world, and she knocked the spotlight down… right on to my OttLite ‘Tulip’ lamp, shattering the $13. bulb. Arrrgh ! I hardly ever used it, too. Wonder if I can use a cheaper bulb instead, ‘cause getting Beloved to Hancock Fabrics or JoAnn’s Crafts any time soon just ain’t gonna happen. There aren’t any in our new City. The spotlight, btw, is now anchored to the top milk crate by two zip ties  – one through a nail-hole factory-installed in the adjustable spot’s ‘arm’, one through the hole of the knot I yanked in the cord. Darn cat.


Oh, and my Spoonflower order arrived. I just wish their Performance Knit wasn’t so expensive, ‘cause it’s amazing ! Know how some knits lose their color or pattern when they’re stretched ? Not this stuff. It has a great stretch and instant recovery, with no distortions or ‘waves’ in it after it recovers. Visually, ya can’t even tell its being stretched. It must be the fabric Olympians wear !


No comments:

Post a Comment