Thursday, September 19, 2013

Clarice's Starry Night !

Current Notes : So pretty fabric...





It also occurred to me that ya’ll never saw the sample of ‘performance knit’ fabric Spoonflower sent me, and since Clarice was still hangin’ around, she graciously agreed to model it – ‘cause a doll with fabric draped around her is a much more interesting photo subject than just a hank of material tossed over a sewing machine. Although that’s never stopped me from posting photos of fabric before… Anyway, isn’t it gorgeous ? I’m considering making a simple toga dress out of it, so I can use every centimeter !



It’s been a good day. I got a new-to-me chair ! The ‘lift’ cylinder is shot, but it’s otherwise very nice – black vinyl, no splits or rubbed-thin spots, rolls like a great pair of skates, and has a nice rocking motion. Hooray for curbside shopping !  And another yaaay, the City finally picked up the big trash dump from the front yard. We were ‘scheduled’ for Monday, but I guess that really means ‘sometime that week, possibly on Monday’. 

1 comment:

  1. Like the fabric and Clarice is a great model. Whatever you make it will be fab :O)

    ReplyDelete