Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Well, I'm trying to get back 'into' sewing...

Current Notes : Fancy !




The spirit of sewing was simply not in me today. And since Dearest Son’s home-school lessons started back up this week, between that, settling in unboxing and cleaning, and the usual dishes and laundry, I haven’t had time anyway. I’m also limiting m’self to one 12oz can of soda a day – when we have it – and I can’t remember the last Big Gulp I had. I’ve gotten so I prefer water, especially with meals. Every so often, though, I really want something with taste, so I either make Kool-Ade or hunt in the fridge for juice. I tend to save that for Beloved Hubby, but sometimes, I steal a sip or two.


It’s been cool this week, enough to turn off the air conditioning to the bedroom during the day. I’m wishing it’d stay this way, but I already know the forecast is for low 90s after Wednesday. Weekend rain will bring the temps back down again, and the whole thing’ll start all over again. Not that I’m complaining. I don’t wanna invite worse weather - like tornadoes ! - ‘for a change’.


I did get some small bit of sewing in, though – check out my ‘new’ lamp ! This was the lamp I got for a buck at GoodWill, that was clamped to the mini-blinds in the living room at the apartment. I could never get it angled right to provide the light I needed. Now, it’s right where I want it…and I can see how badly stained it is. I’ve done darn near everything to scrub those weird stains off, but they were there before I bought it, and will be there long after, I’m sure. Still, they bugged me, and I doubted I could spray-paint it well enough to improve it and still have it work. So I cut two lengths of trim (from a long-ago Hobby Lobby visit) and sewed them around the lamp. Easy to remove, not blocking any vents, and it covers most of the stain. It’ll do, and it only took five minutes.



Maybe tomorrow, I’ll have some more time for ‘me’ stuff…

No comments:

Post a Comment