Thursday, March 8, 2012

You know I want 'em all !

Current Mood : Sighing over my barely-used skates.




These dolls and the School playset are all I really want from the 2012 collection. If I can find the male Create A Monster set, him too, but he'd be a bonus. I want skates and I want school, and that's all I need. Well, now that I think about it, Operetta's 'Dot Dead Gorgeous' outfit would also be a real sweet find...


So I'd best start savin' my pennies. Rumor has it that darn near everything will start showing up in April. Which, around here, means May or June, if we're lucky. Dearest Son, who only said he wanted the twin were-cats, has rather backed off on them of late, citing other (vastly more expensive) toys he wants more. So at least we're spared most of that hunt. While I want him to get what he wants, it's been months since I've seen any of his MH dolls outside of his room, while I see the Lego Black Pearl at least once a day. Three more $30. - $40. sets, and he'll have all the current Pirates of the Caribbean kits out there.


Too bad he doesn't really want those that much. Seems like MegaBlocks had the Pirates license before Lego picked it up, around 2006, and their sets are more film-accurate ('cause MB uses one-piece plastic parts instead of a few hundred blocks, thus making them less angular sculpture and more toy) - and much, much more rare. So you can guess that, when they show up on eBay, they're just as much, if not more, than the larger, more involved Lego sets. (sigh) Leave it to my child to be not only a collector - he wants the MB Pearl to go with his Lego one - but also a completist. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Roller Derby Ghouls...Although I wish they were being put out as fashion packs rather than full dolls! :-( Although I might have to buy them for the outfits alone. Grrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both ! It's gonna be very difficult to find space for these lovelies when I already have so many. I'm amazed DracuLaura isn't here, she usually is part of any themed groups. May have to trade a few out once they're here - I love that green streak in their hair, although Frankie's is very hard to see, and I can just barely see Operetta's.

    Oh, BTW - do you need an Operetta guitar/purse ? I have a spare.

    ReplyDelete