Saturday, March 24, 2012

I am sooo opening this box up tomorrow...

Current Mood : Relearning ranks. 
Current Image Notes : Click to Embiggen



Found out the hard way today that the left light switch in the Garage is the same circuit as Dearest Son’s computer. I turned off one of the two lights out there last night, when I went to check on him, and it wasn’t until his computer was off and wouldn’t come back on this morning that we knew what happened. Beloved Hubby’s gonna fix that, but I can’t help wishing a bit that we’d be able to shut that thing down when Dearest’s being a bit too stubborn for his or our own good...


And if you thought we goofed off yesterday, today was even worse. That to-do list actually got longer, but nobody cares. I think we took turns having naps, and playing online. I finally got this updated – I’ve been writing, just not taking pictures, and needed the catch-up time – and snuffled around eBay. Seems like Rochelle Goyle, the gargoyle student, has shown up for the early Spring semester of Monster High. She wasn’t due out ‘til June or so, expect the usual surprises and intense hunting that usually accompanies any new doll release.


I confess, I’m attracted. Very pretty doll, and the amount of detail on her pet Roux is amazing. Her eyes are still very large, but not 7/8ths of her face like that one image represented. The pink and grey together works very well, and her dress’ details are metallic iridescent. Deliciously 80s, I remember that stuff as a shiny make-your-own iron-on kit. If I can find her local, I’ll snag her, but I’m not gonna go on a full-out no-holds-barred search. I think I’m finally over that compulsion. At least until Mattel comes out with a Slo-Moe doll ! I’ll go take-no-prisoners on that one, I’ll say that right now.


Speakin’ of the MH guys, the new Jackson Jekyll ‘basic’ doll has also made a few (scalper) appearances. Careful examination of the ‘zoom’ doll displayed on Amazon shows his left hand has that tell-tale ‘tab’ for bending wrists. That means, once I know for sure that’s a fact, he’ll go on the ‘want’ list. No reason to upgrade from the one I have otherwise, especially if I can find his clothes and Crossfade separately on eBay. Heck, I’ve already downgraded the ‘Roller Maze’ dolls to ‘costume only’, since I already have all four characters, several times over.


But as it is, Frankie’s still in her box, and all my other dolls are out of theirs, and they all need my attention, so there’s little use in musing about new dolls. Everyone’s still somewhat stacked up right now, but better positioned. I figured I’d give them a day or so to recover and ease out a bit. It’s not easy for a doll to be in storage, ask Jesse the Cowgirl.

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with Rochelle, after seeing those pics of her. Her diary was great too, and really makes you feel for the girl. The whole thing with Duece is also an interesting twist. Cleo's been imagining rivals for her guy's attention, but now she may actually have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want Rochelle! (and it's my intention to put her with Deuce, since my Cleo has hooked up with Gil!)

    ReplyDelete