Thursday, March 22, 2012

Me too, Confessor.

Current Mood : Yawning
Current Image courtesy Walt Disney Confessions, http://waltdisneyconfessions.tumblr.com



I was Beloved Hubby’s ‘tool girl’ today, helping frame the garage doors, hang insulation, and cut siding. Had one pocket fulla drywall screws, the other loaded with nails. We also put a bedroom door on the framed spot for it in the Garpartment – BIL and Uncle made do with a plastic tarp, because the $62. door was too expensive. All three of us loathed that tarp, so we made sure to budget the cash to pull it down permanently. So far, we’re a bit under budget on the Garpartment renovation, since we haven’t had to spend anything on Wednesday’s wiring (we found some wire in the garage), and we decided to use a lounge chair we already had in The Study instead of looking for a used loveseat – truth is, Study’s already running out of space ! (lol)


We also put a threshold on the front door (the old one was either lost or trashed before we moved here), which it really needed. It’s so nice to not have to kick a towel under the door each time we open it. We still have a lot of work ahead on the Garpartment, including hanging more insulation inside, but Beloved was really tired, ‘cause that was far from all he did today.


He moved Dearest Son’s heavy old TV and computer into the Garpartment, dragged out his outgrown desk and ancient TV stand, along with a TV FIL didn’t want anymore, upgraded the Garpartment’s wiring, and fixed the falling-apart armoire in Dearest’s room before moving it into ours, then moving his art desk into The Study. Our bedroom is completely trashed, but The Study is cozy and fun. I gleefully unpacked my books into a bookcase all my own, and cleaned two small cubbies that I could fill up any way I liked. Such bliss ! I saved a shelf of the bookcase for doll photos, and I’m not sure what I’m doing with the bottom one. My Barbie FriendShip and Country Living Home are on top where I thrill to seeing them.


Only really bad thing of the day was that a decorative hook I had attached to the side of the bookcase to hold my oxygen tube out of the way kept clanging up against it every time I moved. So I lined it with fleece scraps from the ‘taggie’ project. Now I no longer sound like a cow bell while I enjoy my new habitat. It even looks better, too.


Beloved found the extra shelf to my bookcase – his is identical, but I told him to take the ‘extra’ shelf between them, he has tons of textbooks – we just needed those little pins to fit in the holes to support it. Luckily, when we went to get insulation and siding, we found ‘em on sale. Hmm…how do I wanna do that bookcase now…?


So my day wasn’t nearly as busy and strenuous as his, which is as typical as me being worn out anyway.


I got to indulge one of my old hobbies tonight, as Beloved slumbered. Animation fans may remember the long strange transformation of the proposed Kingdom of the Sun feature animated film into what became The Emperor’s New Groove, but darn few of us were in the know as to exactly why. Turns out, Sting’s wife documented darn near the whole thing, since her hubby was signed to create the music, much like Elton John was for The Lying King oops, I meant, The Lion King. The resulting documentary, The Sweatbox , was never released. Since it was less than complementary of Disney, and guess-who owned it, I think you know why. For some reason, it surfaced yesterday, and I of course watched the whole thing. I feel so cheated. If you’d like to see it, here’s the link -  (http://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/the-sweatbox-the-documentary-disney-doesnt-want-you-to-see.html ) - but I’ve heard it’s a rough draft version, the final is shorter and tighter.


Well, your tool girl is tired, and we got a lot still to go. Still, I’m proud of all we’ve done, and can’t wait to see what’s next !

No comments:

Post a Comment