Friday, March 16, 2012

Changes comin', fast an' furious...

Current Mood : Dizzified !


Not much going on. Got to go to the library, and pick out a ton of books, most of which were on hold for me. Last month, I noticed that they have  two out of a three-book Mercedes Lackey series, and I’ve since read what’s available. Located a hardback of the third volume pretty cheap on Amazon, and wondered if I could donate it when I was done. I mean, it’s kinda silly to keep it since I don’t have the first two. Well, the library would ‘have to see’, since they prefer to buy books from a single source and most donations aren’t in good enough shape to add to the holdings. Okay.


Anyway, yesterday, I went ahead and ordered it, and today I got a message from the library. They just got that third book in circulation, so it was mine if I wanted it. Arrgh. Too late to cancel my order, and now I know they can’t use it, except to sell it for a dollar. Ah, well.


That was pretty much the excitement for the day. Oh, and I got a new laptop computer. (snort) Beloved and I went out for a bit after his classes, and we ended up at Office Depot, since they have a desk he loves, on sale. We were wondering how long the sale went on (ends Sunday) and decided to get it while we could, even though it’d need to stay flat-packed until Uncle moved, we got Dearest Son into the Garpartment, and we cleaned out his current room and made it The Study. From there, we began idly looking at laptops. Found one on a fantastic sale, and it got marked down another $30. from the sticker price – and they let us use the ‘$40. off ANY laptop’ coupon I spotted hanging out at the register.


Once home, he loved the new one so much, I told him I’d take the ‘old’ one. Yeah, the one he got last month ! I’d been using it off and on anyway, so it was already familiar, and it really didn’t matter to me which one was ‘mine’ since we share everything anyway. But the new one suited him a bit better, so I’d be glad to trade. So, it’s done. We’re gonna give my old desktop to FIL, once I clear all my stuff off it. Everyone benefits !


And I’m still getting used to having a laptop instead of a desktop. I’m pretty much using it on a folding table, ‘cause it’s hard to shake the ‘sit down at a desk’ precept I’ve had since 1987 (that’s when I bought my Commodore 64 !). I have so much to learn – and so many files to back up and move over ! No wonder people kinda pause before getting all-new computers – it’s a lotta work for lazy me, ya know. Thank Everything for USB drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment