Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sometimes vignettes form when you don't even know they're going on.

Current Mood : Settled.


This was one of those weird days. Woke up with Dearest Son in bed with us - he and Beloved Hubby had gotten up earlier, hung out together for a while, and went back to sleep. When I woke up, there he was, between me and Beloved. I later found that the fabric that I'd hooped yesterday, for that never-happened embroidery test, had been unhooped and the various elements laid out in a line. My air hose was also uncoiled from where I keep it out there by the Arena and strung out on the floor. I didn't do that. Beloved and Dearest said they didn't, either. Guess I need to start putting my things away every night if I don't want them messed with or altered. I usually do, but I got distracted yesterday, looking for that cord. Won't let it happen again.


The cord hunt resumed today with a fresh set of boxes. Found most of Baby Crissy's things, so when I re-list her, I'll note that she comes with shoes and five or six outfits. I also found the box of Barbie shoes I kept, and dug through, looking for Ken sandals. The kind that look like sports or hiking sandals fit the Monster High guys, so I pulled out a red and a blue pair. I also checked on my dolls in storage, and they seem to be OK, but it made me sort of sad. Got to dig through a usually inaccessible fabric bin, and grabbed out a few pieces. Cleaned out some stuff, consolidated two falling apart boxes into the printer box. Didn't find the cord, though. (sigh)


I did, however, get a Fluttershy today. Yeah, we went out to McD's for Dearest, and I wasn't very hungry, so I just got a kid meal. I now have a yellow and pink Pegasus pony with a combable tail who doubles as a keychain. Not too bad, far as kid meal toys go. Much better than the non-transforming Transformer that's the alternative.


We hit the library, and I got tons of tasty books again. I even found The Good, The Bad, and the Barbie, which I'd been wanting to read. Someone on the library staff must love him/her some Barbie, since they have pretty much all of the recent books published about her on the shelves. I got more craft books, fewer Mercedes Lackey this time, so maybe I'll get some fresh ideas. As you can guess, I got several great freebie embroidery designs this weekend...arrrgh.


We also did some grocery shopping, which led to a quick fridge clean-out. Yipes. I keep designating a 'leftover' shelf, but stuff is still getting shoved to the back and forgotten. Ah, well. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: congratulations on your photos. We remain in contact blog to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but your photos are much better ! I love the scenes you set up, they look so real ! All the little details are such fun to see - keep going with it ! :)

    ReplyDelete