Sunday, March 18, 2012

I'm boxing projects up right, left, and center !

Current Mood : Craft-weary


You would think, after a weekend that got me a stellar new laptop, two baby projects finally complete, and an owl named Douglas would be sufficiently exciting, and today would be quite boring.


Not ! We had Chinese food for dinner – my favorite ! – and both Dearest Son and I have some fun stuff to look forward to, coming in the mail. Dearest gave a fantastic book report tonight, so we arranged to order that Mega Bloks Black Pearl he’s been obsessing on for months. Or at least, it seems like months to me ! When Beloved Hubby asked if there was anything I especially wanted, I had to sigh. All the new stuff I like isn’t out yet ! Still, I had been eyeing that greyscale Skull Shores Frankie Stein…We found fair prices on both, and he and I are hyper-excited. Especially Dearest.


But wait, there’s more ! While it took longer than expected, I made my Monster High shoe box ! Luckily, I had all afternoon, it took that and more. Just prepping the pieces – and gluing or fusing several together – took an hour longer than I thought it would. But it’s done, and I’m *mostly* happy with it. It’s definitely the right size, I have maybe an inch or so of space still to fill, and that’ll take a lot of shoes !


I was glad I didn’t wait on ordering Frankie. We ended up at Aldi’s on a grocery run this afternoon, and I’d heard from various sources that some have ‘Spring Toys’ for sale, which included most of the Skull Shores run. Ours had two DracuLauras, one Abbey, and one Ghoulia, that was all. Woulda kicked m’self if she’d been there for $9. – I didn’t pay that much more for the eBay one, but ya’ll know how I am about overpayin’ for stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment