Thursday, March 1, 2012

Squeee ! Her version is even cuter than the original !

Current Mood : Hopped up on coffee and cuteness ! 





I read, many years ago, in a book of superstitions that it was once considered good luck to say the words 'white rabbit' on the first day of a new month. So, white rabbit ! 


While I do poorly with New Year's Resolutions, I do OK with New Month's Resolutions. So here's one for March - I resolve to check the messages on these things every day. I always forget, and I feel so bad when I missed a question or new person joining in. Jump in, and I'll read 'em. I promise. I completely forgot to read 'em the other day, and that's why you suddenly got a fan-art Han and Leia image, instead of Presto/ParaReality's awesome Cupid. Isn't it gorgeous ? That's on the new lamp's shelves, where it's one of the first things I see each day. Thanks again - I adore it !


Today was a busy one, too. Beloved Hubby got the laser printer he's wanted for the last two years, it was on a great sale. I can even use it from my computer, it's wireless ! But I'll probably mostly use the Brother all-in-one we've had for years, if just for the scanner. I *need* a scanner. The fax is useless without a land-line, though.


While normally, a tech purchase doesn't require a lot from me but encouragement and enthusiasm, this time I did have to pitch in, if just to make space for the thing. Got his ancillary desk cleared off, and relocated some hard-copy files to a just-emptied milk crate I had in Starlight's trunk. We'd intended to buy a file box where we got the printer, but it was not gonna cost us less than $11. no matter which way we went. Single plastic box, $12. Cheapest set of four cardboard file boxes, $11. I wouldn't have minded paying two or three bux for a good cardboard box, but we didn't need three more of 'em. And the box the printer came in was much too large for file storage, and there's no way it would fit under the desk. So we went the 'already have' route. Keeps the clutter down, and allows us to spend more cash on dolls !


Now that the were-cat twins are showing up in scalper's hands on eBay, it won't be long before Meowlody and Purrsephone show up in stores - yeah, right. Raise your hand if you were bent over laughing a couple seconds ago. I'm not at all interested, but those two really light up Dearest Son's eyes, so I'll be on the hunt right along with everyone else. To tell the truth, lovely as the new ghouls are - Rochelle and Venus and Robecca - I'm just not in one of my 'gotta have it' modes for any of 'em. Of all the Toy Fair 2012 stuff, about all I want is the school and the Roller Maze girls. I'm hoping I can find Venus' 'pet' and Operetta's Dot Dead Gorgeous dress on eBay separately when they come out.


Of course, you're probably still laughing...because every new release revealed, I say I don't want this or that. Usually most of what's coming, I say I'm not interested in, not at all, not one bit.  And then I end up buying half the lines anyway, 'cause I want shoes or outfits, or they were so easy to obtain this time, or I just want 'new doll rush' fumes. It ranks when a toy company knows it owns you and your wallet...


Oh, and I know something else new today. You may recall I scored Abbey's 'Snowboarding Club' outfit pretty cheap off eBay, mostly for the very long-sleeved white blouse. Turns out, the shorts can be customized a bit. If you don't like the purple and blue 'padding' on the hips, it's easily removed. Just turn 'em inside out, pick a few stitches of light blue with your trusty seam ripper, and there ya go. Black shorts with blue at the waist and knees, just what you always wanted ! And you'll always have something to go with those blue and purple ski boots. Well, maybe not what you've been secretly yearning for, but the shorts are probably more versatile without the 'padding', and you can always color the blue with a black Sharpie, or what other color you like that'll cover light blue.


I'm still mourning DSD a little, but I have it on good authority that I'll have a roll of paper towels to use by Saturday ! (grin)

9 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a cute frame! And I'm jealous of your awesome lamp/shelf! What a great find!

    I find myself looking forward to the new dolls, as much as anything just to see some MH on the shelves again. Our store's back to being bare save for one lonely DLala car. I found a MiniCooper meant for Ken back down the Barbie section a ways, and I'm pondering grabbing it just because it looks pretty nice- and it's a "normal" car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (gleeful grin) Glad you like it, I really wanted to do something worthy of the image. I just hate that the frame itself wasn't of the more pricey variety, but I like how it turned out, too.

      Our shelves are so bare, it's pathetic. Last Friday I went to Mal-Wart and Target, and it was just sad. I know what you mean about that MiniCooper - if I had just a bit more space right now, Gil would be driving Lagoona to a drive-in Friday night. It really looked awesome, but it was a bit pricey for me on Friday.

      Maybe it's just me, but I like putting my ghouls in 'normal' props, like Barbie bathtubs (I got an awesome claw-foot one) and generic furniture. It tends to amp the 'unusual' quality of the doll rather than competing with it. I've only seen one partial image of DLaura's bathtub, and it was pinker than anything Barbie could even dream of ! (sigh)

      It seems so ironic that I gladly left Barbie for MH, to get away from all the pink - only to find out that now MH is heavily pink now, too !

      Delete
    2. Whoops. One too many 'now's in that last sentence. Strike the first one, would ya. Darn no-edit comment thingie.

      Delete
    3. I think it's a gore-geous frame, either way! XD

      I'm hoping that mini will be around when the inevitable clearance wave goes through next year. Our store has a few doll things out on clearance right now (scored one of those Blythe mini and pet sets for $2!), but they seem to have trouble pricing stuff. A Liv outfit set that I was hoping was just a buck or two rang up for the full $9! I'd like more clothes for Punzie, but if I wanted to pay that much, I'd have bought the set months ago!

      I think some ghoulish props can add atmosphere, but yeah.. I find myself pining for some normal duds for my girls. Agh.. Bee girl's basic black pumps are a great example of this.

      I don't really get why these bathroom sets are made. Other than as scenery/dollhouse stuff, of course. But unless it's a gimmicky setup with "working" bubbles or shower, I've never noticed kids asking for bathroom stuff. Heck, there are at least four "barbie glam toilet/sink" sets in our clearance aisle. (Yep, everyone wants a fabulous fashion doll with whom they can re-create life's great adventures... like pooping!)

      Delete
  2. I really really really want the gargoyle girl :)

    And that drawing is SO CUTE!!!!!

    As for the bathroom stuff... I absolutely laughed at your comments... I saw in the store recently a "babysitter" barbie, and she was with a Kelly doll... and the Kelly was sitting on a little toilet.
    I was annoyed... babysitting does not = potty training!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean... sure there's a lot of butt wiping if you're watching a baby... but this was a toddler... Kelly can wipe her own butt... and it's creepy if the babysitter is just sitting there watching her... or does Kelly have some sort of bowel issues and this poor girl has spent her entire time babysitting in the bathroom watching Kelly trying to poop... and if that's the case... why do they both look so happy????

      Delete
    2. Heather, you got me laughing, and wondering all about the Roberts' family toileting issues. Not something I was really prepared for, but it's funny as cats. I don't remember grinning like that when Dearest Son was trainin', that's fer darn sure !

      I really wanted the gargoyle girl too - but I've seen two images and don't know which is gonna be the final one. The first had yer standard 'MH' eyes, the other had these huge, almost bulging anime eyes that, to me, looked unbalanced in her face. So I'm gonna hafta wait on her, see her in that ole 'harsh light of retail' before I know. I normally love huge eyes, but that one image was almost Blythe-like. Blythe is cool, but I remember holding one at a Sears in 1972 or so, and thinking, 'This doll is creepy' before putting her back on a shelf. So it's just me weirding out ! I'm sure I'll love her when I see her - it's worked out really well for Mattel so far !

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: I was very nice artwork in the frame. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (waving) Hi, Marta ! Thanks, I love that sketch. I just had to display it well, so I could see it always ! Hope your day is fantastic ! (hugs!)

      Delete