Friday, March 23, 2012

I love our Study !

Current Mood : Light but sleepy


We began today much slower than we did all week, mostly ‘cause everyone’s still tired. And all the dust we’ve stirred up has settled in lungs and esophagi, so we’re all coughing and hacking. There’s still a list of to-dos as long as yer arm, but most of the heavy lifting is done. It’s the nitty-gritty little what’s-going-where that remains. Mostly easy, but very time-consuming.


So we did not a bit of it. Instead, we cleaned out Venus-truck, installed her new rear-view mirror that finally replaces her damaged-years-ago one, returned unneeded building supplies and bought what we still needed, had a nice leisurely meal at Taco Bell, and did a bit of shopping.


I love The Study. My Arena has just the right space and room around it to let me move, but I’m not so wide-open, I feel isolated or that I need to buy much for it. (grin) However, due to its position in The Study, KJ’s surface doesn’t get enough light. So we did a bit of shopping and I found an awesome lamp at Office Depot – natural spectrum bulb, flexible, with a built-in magnifier. Hated to spend the cash, but this would serve me well for years, and didn’t take up much space. Fell in love with two Ott lamps, but they didn’t have any in stock of the one I most liked, and when I took the portable display model to a dim desk to see how much light it put off, it wasn’t nearly enough. I’m really happy with the not-Ott I got. Dearest Son is completely enthralled with the magnifier.


I also scored a markdown dry erase / magnetic board, about 6 by 8 inches. Gonna use it in the bookcase, to hold backdrops in the little photo studio I’m gonna set up in there. Luckily for me, it’s a white bookcase, but I wanna use all these calendar pages, scrapbook papers, odd fabrics, origami paper, print-outs and mini-posters, too. I figure I can pin ‘em with magnets hidden behind the doll, and not damage the paper.


While Beloved took a much-needed nap, I got to work on my bookcase. With the addition of the recently-found shelf and the purchased-yesterday shelf pins, I could do whatever I wanted…which I soon concluded, may just include getting my dolls out of storage. They’d be crowded on the shelves, but I’m sure it’s better than a box ! I moved to make it happen with the thought still fresh in my mind. Moved books, resized shelves, hammered in new pins, and got the two boxes of which I’ve never, not for one minute, forgotten the location.


An hour later, I had to take a break. My dolls were stacked like cordwood, but they were free of their boxes, and I could make a few shuffles later. I definitely had several hours’ worth of hair-brushing ahead of me ! But aside from a bit of grit and some missing shoes, they were all just fine. Whew !


Now that I have all my books and all my dolls, I feel a lot better.


2 comments:

  1. I have that exact same lamp and LOVE it!!! Although my bulb just burnt out...I need to try and track down a new bulb 0_o or it might just be easier and quicker and heck possibly cheaper to buy another exact same lamp at the store down the block from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Deborah ! May I compliment you on your intelligent and sensitive choice of lighting apparatus ? (grin) The Office Depot we got my lamp from had the circular bulbs for eight bucks and some change, if it helps. I once bought a lamp I could find no bulbs for, and had to return it, so I always check these days !

      That reminds me, I haven't been blog-hopping all week...see ya !

      Delete