Friday, March 2, 2012

Fun Friday with my Fellas !


Current Mood : Now I'm all sleepy...

Current Image Notes : Click on it if it's too tiny to read. It's soo cute ! You'll read it Abbey's voice, I can almost guarantee it ! 


Lots of fun today, too. I got to sleep in a bit, but got our bedroom nice and tidy in plenty of time to watch our DVD of Despicable Me with Dearest Son before Beloved Hubby came home from school for lunch. His work appointment got cancelled, and the big test on Monday got pushed to Wednesday, so he was spoilin' for some 'us' time. I enjoyed a hearty noodle lunch, as did Dearest, and once Beloved was done with his leftover chili and rice, we were off !


Dearest wanted to see Daddy's school, so we toured it. Even I didn't know it was that big ! We hit the GoodWill nearby, where Dearest scored a car he liked, Beloved found a near-perfect copy of the Pictionary game, and I pulled part of a Barbie house from a pile of toys, with a small kitchen on one side, and a living room setup on the other. Date on the bottom read 2007, and by holding up a bagged Bratz doll next to it, I figured it was the usual 'just an inch too short for Barbie' scale, which would mean it would fit with Monster High fairly well. Oddly, each 'find' was $1.99. I always like it when I'm not the 'big spender', ya know ?


Researched my find once we were back, and using the 2007 date on the bottom, I narrowed it to the modular Barbie 'My House' setup. Kinda wish I'd found the rest of it, I always liked the door and windows on that set. Of course, I had tons of other Barbie stuffs back then, and didn't realize how much I liked it until Mattel had already moved on to an over-pink version, lightly revised. At least I didn't find that one. Mine's mostly cream and lavender, with some green. Taped to it (using maybe four yards of packing tape) in a baggie were two disassembled kitchen chairs and a blue teacup. Luckily, I was gonna replace the 'Barbie' TV screen with an MST3K one, or some other in-joke. 


We also went back to the place with the 29c/oz 'Make your own yogurt sundae' place, and I darn near went overboard with cherries, strawberries, walnuts, almonds, and whipped cream. But it was those tiny cheesecake bits that almost did me in. I'm still tunneling through a turbo sugar rush from those things !


Surprisingly, though, I didn't crash. Instead, I hauled up the MH underbed storage box and put some new tidbits away, and pulled out all my lockers. It occurred to me earlier this week that, now that the shelf is straight, I can use them for backdrop in photos ! I have six - soon to be eight, thanks to Deborah ! - so I made it happen. Very nice. I have 'the guys' leaning on 'em, hangin' out.


Oh, and when I went to get some shoes for SS Ghoulia, I discovered something fun. Remember how I raved that Abbey's 'Snowboarding Club' boots had holes in the soles, so her snowboard pretty much doubled as a stand ? Well, her white boots have the same holes ! Yeah, I should have expected that - they're the same shoes, just with different paint jobs ! - but it still made me sigh with happy for a few seconds. I was also glad to get some cluttery things out of the way. I also filed a buncha papers, and discovered some prescription label stickers were attached to some old prescription warning sheets. Gleefully tore those off so they'd fit a smaller file, and stashed 'em. They'll be perfect to label all the cut-pieces for that MH box I still wanna make !


And after much deliberation, SS Ghoulia - broken arm and all - is now in that little nook in my Arena. I was gonna bring back Classroom Ghoulia, but decided I could always swap them, or any other doll, out later. So. Am happy.


Hope you are, too !

No comments:

Post a Comment