Sunday, March 4, 2012

Just before I dumped my desk-trash, I took a picture...

Current Mood : Happily relaxed

Current Image Notes : That pretty much sums up my weekend, right there ! 



After weeks of saying I'd do it and then not, I finally got Baby Crissy listed on our local Craigslist. To be honest, I should never have bought her in the first place. Years ago, I just wanted a new-to-me doll that wasn't a Barbie that I had some history with. And because it was at Christmas, we paid waaaay too much for her. Well, not that much, I found a mislabeled one and paid about half the going rate, but, still... the seller didn't divulge the spot of blush missing on her left cheek, her bald spot, or her very dingy hands, either, so I guess we both got what we deserved.


And after weeks of constantly moving her around our tiny available space, I finally admitted all of that to m'self. She was too good and too sweet to put in a box in the leaky shed, or donate to the nonexistent mercies of a thrift shop, but I never did anything with her, either, before or now. Only difference is, now she was getting in the way, and I'd already gotten rid of so many dolls, it just didn't make sense to keep this one for no real reason, and no real attachment. So here's hoping she finds a special, loving home. I'll miss her a bit, but not having to shuffle her off the trash can every time I need to toss something out will be quite nice, too.


Plus, I bid on a lot of Monster High misc. stuff, and while it was less than $15., I still kinda wanna repay the family coffers. Normally when I bid on anything offa eBay, I enter the max I'm willing to pay for it and walk away. If I win, yaay, if not, fine. I don't overpay, don't get into a bidding war, and kept my greed and other emotions out of it this way. Sometimes, I keep an eye on it if I like it enough.  I found a lot I really liked, and did the usual - and got outbid as usual two days later. But I didn't let go so easily this time, and my higher bid (all of two dollars more than before) won !


Still hoping to find a Sweet 1600 DracuLaura dress one day. Oh, there's plenty on eBay right now, I just balk at payin' $16. for the dress off a $22. doll. If Baby C sells, though, I'll probably do a BIN and get it over with already. I've already figured out how to replicate S1600 Clawdeen's little tuxedo, and need to get to work on that soon.


Meanwhile, the paper towel pants project moves on. Today's first attempt was too tight, the second was too loose. So I altered the pattern again and we'll see how that goes sometime tomorrow. It's frustrating, sure, but still an improvement over wrestling with DSD ! And once I get it right, I can share it, without worrying about copyrights. Whoo-hoo ! That is exciting - to me, at least.


But for most of the day, I just relaxed and enjoyed m'self. Took the 'hip pads' off Abbey's 'Snowboarding Club' shorts, and went to put them on Ghoulia - wow, are those tight ! I actually had to ease the blue cuffs over her calves, and that took some effort ! They're low-rise, too, so they'll probably stay on her as underwear or somesuch. Hard to believe Mattel-made clothing is this tight, really. Anyone else had issues with this outfit ?


Ah, well. Minor stuff. Hope that we all have a great week coming up ! 

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl...if you'd be interested in the skirt and lace shawl thing-y from the Sweet 1600 DL...I can add them to our trade pile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really ? Wow, thanks ! I can make the bodice or something new - thank you !!

    I feel so greedy asking for polymer goodies after that ! But I would really love any of the cookies you'd care to send. I really like the chocolate-peanut butter swirled ones, but they're all awesome. When the ghouls come over to hang out, they'd sure love some of your delicious-looking treats !

    Hunting a box for Your Four, hope to have 'em mailed off this week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Spain: I think my desk is even messier than yours. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Marta ! I wanna see your desk next ! 'Cause you only got a small bit of mine - the rest is a disaster area just waiting for a Federally-funded clean-up !

      Delete