Wednesday, March 7, 2012

' Tis a very Ghoulia scooter, but Operetta would like it, too !

Current Mood : Buried under a tidal wave of trash ! Lol.



Hope you don't mind some recently released Mattel promo photos for a few days. There's a slight chance you haven't already seen them six million times, and our bedroom is too trashed to take any fresh images of my own. It's pretty bad when you can't take a photo without getting some can't-edit-it-out junk in the frame, but that's the way it is.


Today's image is Ghoulia's scooter. Cute, and definitely hers - the cherry print is right off her issue blouse, and that's Sir Hoots A Lot wearing a helmet in the front basket - but I'm just not enthused about it. I mean, I can easily find and customize any one of a hundred Barbie / My Scene / Bratz / knockoff scooters out there right now. I've had two or three My Scene ones already, they tend to run pretty cheap at yard sales, and are usually missing the rear-view mirrors. But aside from a sorta~cute photo or two, they're mostly clutter, something I just can't afford right now. I'm glad I got to see it, though. It's a nice break from DracuLaura's over-pinkness. In addition to her bed and car, she has a bathtub and vanity set coming out at roughly the same time.


Sheesh. I said it in a message the other day - I finally dump Barbie because I'm sick of pink, and the line that seemed to be free of that, and the future possibility of it, soon gets accessories that are more pink than even FairyPrincessMermaidRockStar Barbie could have conceptualized. Somewhere, some girl's customized EmoBarbie is squealing with joy...


Filed all my diabetes stuff - and right on cue, a ton of brochures and other information I'd requested from the American Diabetes Association arrived today. I hope to get those organized tonight, as of right now, they're a pile added to the other piles on the bed and scattered around the room. (sigh)

4 comments:

  1. I hadn't seen the scooter at all! I'm really loving it... I can imagine getting several and repainting them XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I kinda feel bad for dismissing so many neat ideas in products out of hand like I am. It really is a neat scooter, heck, I want a real one for me ! I just wish we had more of everything sometimes.

      In the meantime, though, consider customizing some My Scene scooters - they're really cool, too. Although it's hard to beat Sir Hoots A Lot in a helmet for sheer adorability....

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: I agree with you that both the Barbie pink and tired. I also prefer furniture in other colors are real but other dolls. The bike looks very nice. We remain in contact blog to blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Marta ! Yeah, I've really had to make some serious choices about what doll lines I was keeping, and which I could let go. Wish I could have 'em all, but it wouldn't be fair to Beloved Hubby and Dearest Son. I've been enjoying your blog, it's cool !

      Delete