Thursday, March 29, 2012

Even the crane flies around here love Monster High !

Current Mood : Bugged



Big Monster High day, even if I never left the house. New episode, Unlife to Live, was Ghoulia being awesome, wall to wall. And there was Lagoona and Gil, with Abbey, too ! I also found out that the Roller Maze line is coming out on my birth-month. ‘Dot Dead Gorgeous’, too. How cool is that ? (grin)


I also found a neat new ‘thing’, and it’s over on your right there – a pledge to not feed the scalpers when hunting for more MH-ness. There’s no real website that I could find, unlike the ‘Kind Blogger’ campaign, so I did what I guess everyone else who has it did, agree with it, snag the image and post it. Easy for me, I’m too cheap and too broke to shell more than five or ten bucks over MSRP for a doll, and that includes shipping. 


As I was hunting for the ‘no scalpers’ site, I found Monster High Collector, a neat place with forums and chat, plus great photos of pretty much everything released or promised, neatly arranged by wave numbers and titles. Very nice. I joined up to hit the forums, but there’s also a contest that runs to April 01- prize drawing for a Drop Dead Gorgeous Frankie Stein, just for registering. Please note, the site and the forum are separate, and if you wanna join both, you gotta submit separate info to each. Luckily, it’s easy, and I’m DorrieBelle on both. C’mon over if ya wanna – you can lurk without joining. Oh, and I finally learned how to hyper-link. My old Word didn’t do that, but this one does !


Even with all that going on, I didn’t have much time to play. We got to the Laundromat for some quick loads of clothes washed but not dried last night, so I got it done one load at a time here today. It feels so good to have it all put away and the space cleared. For now. I found enough clothes that we missed to half-fill the hamper already.


I also moved some boxes that somehow got shoved into Dearest Son’s room – that was a workout ! – along with all the books BIL left in there, and cleaned up the rest of our bedroom. I’m sooo tired now, but I feel much better now that I don’t have an oxygen tube dragging around, or that vague guilt I had for ‘forgetting’ to put it back on. Since I only need it for sleep, I trashed the long hoses running around the house and catching everyone’s feet, then tucked a few portable cylinders  in the bedroom, for when I go for bike rides or shopping trips. The air exchanger is now off most of the time, which means the bedroom isn’t so hot. It does take the towels longer to dry after a shower now, though…


After my busy day, that shower felt wonderful ! I love having wet hair in the spring and summer, it’s like having a head-mounted air conditioner. It’s dry now, but I am soooo gonna sleep like a brick tonight – and since most of my housework is done already, I’m gonna sew tomorrow ! I owe it to m’self. So there.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dorrie, if you're interested in joining another Monster High forum you'd be very welcome to join ours at MHForum.net :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monster High - my favorite doll! Just fell in love with them when I looked cartoon about them! Thanks for a great article!

    ReplyDelete