Thursday, March 15, 2012

I got Twilight Sparkle !

Current Mood : Mildly frustrated, but oddly happy...


This always happens when I get all wound up about making something for someone, especially when I'm on a self-imposed deadline. About all I got done today was cleaning the bedroom and making Friend H's zipper bag, as promised. Problem is, every single element, from her name, to the Monster High logo, down to the tag inside, is off center. So annoying. I'll probably make her another one later. FIL didn't see it as such a bad thing, but it looks awful to me. Sad part is, it's one of the better-constructed ones. It'll probably last forever !


Ah, well. For now, I can forgive m'self and move on. Friend H wasn't able to visit today, she stayed over-late yesterday against her Mom's orders. I'd asked if she had a certain time I could remind her about, but she said she could stay until her Mom yelled. I'm just glad she wasn't mad at me !


After today's sewing flop, I wasn't in a mood to work on my project, the MH shoe box, and I really didn't have time to, either. So hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow. And tomorrow will be a better day.


Uncle is planning on packing up his Garpartment belongings this weekend and heading west Monday or Tuesday. We'll miss him, but he'll be much happier where he's going, I can guarantee it. Dearest Son blurted out that he was moving in there when Uncle is gone, but his new bedroom would always remind him of Uncle T. I can't say I'm any less selfish, as I'm sort of looking forward to some more room, too. My Arena and Beloved Hubby's study desks (yes, he has several) will go in Dearest's old room, which will free up more kitchen and bedroom space. M & FIL don't want the space at all. We've asked, numerous times. I think FIL's planning on putting a recliner where the Arena is now, for some personal space of his own. But I'm just pasting a happy face on it, we'll all miss Uncle quite a lot.


I would say we went to McD's for a snack, but we actually went to get more My Little Pony Happy Meal toys. Turned out, our local store has a box with darn near all the Pony toys in it, so we could request any of 'em. Our cashier even knew them by name ! A fellow Brony !! Beloved wanted - and got ! - his favorite, Pinkie Pie, and I got the Twilight Sparkle I've been secretly wanting. Since the Transformer toys were still uninspiring to him, Dearest opted for a Rainbow Dash, because he liked her colors. It's fun. While I can't really see m'self haunting TRU for Hasbro Ponies, I like having Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle on my windowsill, for whatever strange reason I have. I kind of want a Rarity, too.


Yeah, it gets real silly around here... Just wait 'til next week. It's Spring Break !

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Spain: Spain's Happy Meal gave too small ponnys. I have several in different colors. They are adorable. keep in touch with blog blog

    ReplyDelete