Monday, March 26, 2012

While it's a challenge to get 'em right, greyscale dolls' photos are amazing !

Current Mood : Eye-tired from an extended PaintShopPro edit on today's image !



It really was ‘back to regular life’ day around here. While Beloved attended classes, I spent most of the morning washing sheets and towels, and cleaning up the wreckage of our bedroom. We completely trashed it moving furniture and various stuff back and forth last week, and got so tired doing it, we just dropped into bed at night. Ever not make a bed in a week ? It gets torn all to heck. Since the sheets were more on the floor than on the mattress, and it was overdue, I got ‘em washed and replaced, and topped off with a clean comforter. Much better.


Three sweepings and a bunch of relocations later, it was lunchtime and our bedroom looked more like something an adult would sleep in, instead of something a rebellious teenager wrecked in a short fit of pique. Beloved was most appreciative. Oh, remember those yard-sale find ‘space’ themed curtains he made the rod for, and I hung outside the Lab door ? Dearest Son inherited them when we moved, but decided that moving into the Garpartment meant it was time for a more sophisticated approach. So I got my curtain and rod back, and Beloved hung ‘em for me today ! It’s silly how much I love having those back. I’ll probably fall asleep tonight grasping one in my fingers.


Oh, and I found out something really bad about m’self today. It probably won’t surprise you a bit. It was kind of painful to realize that I’m not what I say, but maybe that’s the first step to positive change. Anyway, here goes. I am a huge, massive hypocrite. I don’t even know how you can stand to read my rants, it’s so bad. I keep preaching ‘use what you have, we don’t need every new doll down the pike’, but I’m just as guilty as anybody of developing massive Want within thirty seconds of obtaining the last Grail. I kinda wanted to think I was better than the usual obsessed fangirl, but it turns out, I’m one of the worst. (sigh)


While taking a break from cleaning – lunchtime ! Leftover Chinese ! – I idly started counting all the Monster High dolls I’ve amassed. Including the four I’m sending to Deborah, but not including Dearest Son’s collection (6), there’s 34. Yikes, that’s a lot. At first, I thought it wasn’t so bad, MH has been around since 2010, that’s what, one a month ? I was worse when I played with Barbie, and I only very rarely ever bought new ones. But when I counted further, 34 dolls does not equal 21 months. I can console m’self a bit when I realize I’ve not rushed right out and secured the entire ‘Sweet 1600’ and ‘Skull Shores’ lines (although I’m close on the SS dolls !), and I’ve only snagged bits and pieces of ‘Create A Monster’ trying to get their clothes for the dolls I already have. Most of what’s coming up, I don’t want except for props and clothes. Still, until I can go more than a month without trumpeting ‘New DOLL !!1!!’, I have to face my hypocritical nature. While I doubt I’ll change much, at least now I’m more aware of it, and will try hard to not make you feel guilty, ‘cause I know I’m worse than you are when the promise of new doll scent is on the breeze.


Speaking of Skull Shores, I decided to shampoo Frankie today. I was a bit concerned, even with my past experience with soaping out the spray glue Mattel uses for doll hairspray – I liked Frankie’s ‘do. Still, most of what I liked about it was that it was short, and that wouldn’t be altered by a bit of Suave Invigorating Berry. Like with ‘Dawn of the Dance’ Cleo and Clawdeen, Frankie’s hair quickly resumed the same style, even after a rough-and-tumble dry-off with a bath towel.


I love her hair even more now ! (happy swoon)

1 comment:

  1. Well they say the 1st step to recovery is admitting you have a problem...but then again...who cares! They are something that makes you HAPPY!!! :-) Enjoy them! I know I do! I managed to snag a Nefera yesterday and just fell in LOVE with her!

    ReplyDelete