Sunday, August 14, 2011

My two new Lagoonas !


Current Mood : Relaxed as water...


Beloved Hubby was home today, but he was wiped out to his very core of existence. So Dearest Son and I let him rest all day, and had a quiet afternoon of doing whatever we wanted. Which was mostly Netflix, and dawdling. I got a two-hour nap m'self, which is why I'm awake now. (sigh)


Cleaned out my ramshackle desk while figuring out what to do next, and found a corroded AA battery and one just beginning to form a crust in the top drawer tray. Yikes. It's been so long since I've seen that happen with modern batteries, I forgot that it did. And if there's one thing I've learned, foamy batteries wreck more toys than kids and Moving Day combined, so I was glad these were at least easily disposed of - but it reminded me of the Hydration Station. Those rechargeable batteries in there were nearly dead, and much as I loved it, sitting around with City Of water in it, and dead batteries to run it, probably wasn't gonna help its longevity. So I got it drained while Beloved heroically made a burger run for us, and took the batteries out. 


Since I don't know when I'm gonna use it again - the motor is a bit loud for bedside use - I'm gonna let it finish draining and air dry overnight before I put it back, without the 'good' batteries I found in the desk drawer. It still looks great on display completely empty and bubble-free, and I don't want to risk damaging it with the wrong power supply and potentially weird water. It seems so picky to get special water for it, but I may do just that anyway.


Nearly all the books I bought from the thrift are returning there, now that they're read. Ranks that I paid $6. for over a dozen Ann Rice books before realizing I don't really like her style. It's also bad when ya take advantage of 'half off books' day to learn that 12.5c is still too much to pay for The Devil Wears Prada. Coulda dealt with the 'heroine' of Prada if she wasn't so much like the 'villain', even in the opening pages. If you hate the job so much, you roll your eyes like a slot machine at your boss six or more times daily, quit ! You're as much a part of the problem as your 'devil' is.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! We have such different tastes in books. I love Anne Rice, and enjoyed most of "The Devil wears Prada", but I agree sometimes she's a jerk.

    ReplyDelete