Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lagoona's lovely !


Current Mood : In love with Monster High again



Looked around today, and, while we have two currently-empty plastic drawer sets, we are completely out of plastic shoe boxes. Here's hoping I can fix this at Dollar Tree soon !


Can't lay claim to the drawer sets - they belong to Beloved Hubby's art supplies, most of which are still in the boxes used to move them. I'd take care of it for him, but that stuff's best left to the owner to distribute. And frankly, if I redid his cabinets, I'd to a full clean-out in there,  and who knows what I'd accidentally ditch ! Papers everywhere. Nope, it's best for a happy relationship to continue being a happy relationship, beginning with me staying out of it all ! Sooner or later, he'll get tired of wading through it himself, and take on the challenge of getting it done. I'll stand in a safe zone and hand him trash bags 'til he's finished. 


Right now, I'd have to do that sitting. I'm still out of it. WTH ? It was all I could do to get Lagoona out of her plastic prison, and I still needed scissors. Her stand is just a twinge lighter than Frankie's, which is a bit sad. I was hoping for blue and turquoise, instead of blue and slightly darker blue. But heck, they're both that translucent I like, so it's still a 'win' all around !


And I am in love with her little 'bro' frog. The sculptor did a fantastic job on him, and the 'glass' jar he resides in. Lid fits and everything, and there's a skullie design molded into it. Wow. My favorite, though, has to be the slightly cracked gargoyle egg, adorably reflective of 'Hatch Me If You Can', a webisode from last December. There's a second outfit - you get a photo of it soon ! - and a notebook and pen for Lagoona, too. Lots of great props in the Locker series. Wouldn't surprise me if this line is the best seller of 2011, due to the fun accessories included !


Some fans are mixed about her shoes. Many are planning on cutting the leg-wrapping lace, but I sort of like it. It brings out her leg fins - which surprise me too, since both Locker and Hydration Station's fins stay in much better than my originals' ever did. A closer look shows they're engineered to only fit in one way now, and the pegs have been redone. Very nice. 


It's funny how we're always happy when it seems like Mattel is listening to us. At the same time, though, I can't help but feel a little creeped out about it....


No comments:

Post a Comment