Thursday, August 18, 2011

Glasses not included....darn.



Current Mood : Still dizzy


Darn ! Ah, well. Glad I figured it out now...All this time, every time I saw the 'Comic Book Club' Ghoulia outfit - part of the School Clubs outfit sets sold for a couple weeks in Germany, soon to be on sale separately at retailers near you ! - I thought the green framed classic Ghoulia glasses were included. Nope. I can has another red headband ( like I don't already make better-fitting ones out of ribbon and elastic when I'm semi-healthy enough). Oh, well. Kinda glad I know this now, so I don't drive everyone in the house nutz looking for it. The outfit's cute, and yeah, I'd love to have it when it's available at Mal-Wart, but now I don't feel the need to remain 'on the hunt' for it. Heck, I still have two 'tiny action figures' in the box from Mari's original outfit, back in Mattel's 'International High' days ! 


So today, still weak and mostly out of it, I played with the glasses I had, including the great LIV pairs sent to me by the delightful and generous Smidge-chan. Hm. Come to think of things, I haven't heard from her since her miniatures expertise took off, hope she's doing well - and isn't ill ! Anyway, unless the set jumps into my grasping chubby hands one day, I'm not gonna go on a hunt for it, or any of 'em. Of course, I want darn near all, but it's past time for me to reign the hunger in a bit. Especially while I still can't eat very much in real-time. 


I still want the 'hang loose' Lagoona, but even the 'grabby hands' part of my head that still get all graspy is kinda admitting it's silly, too. Even if I wore pink jelly shoes almost just like hers (but with actual heels with heel tips !) to my best friend's wedding back in the day, and the Lagoona character does that 'hang loose' hand gesture all the time. And the dress is even more lovely without the black mesh pieces - which I've seen photographed separately ! - but still. I gotta go through the surplus here and decide what I want to do. Do I want folks to buy or trade me stuff ? Do I want more lockers ? More clothes, more props, more shoes ? Honestly, the shoe fetish thing is starting to fade, too - although I'd love to buy a bunch of those knockoff ones to sell with my clothes, if I ever manage to get my butt back into the sewing arena...(sigh)


So much up in the air, and my dizzy nature feels like it's right there with it ! 

2 comments:

  1. Just saying, you can clearly see the green glasses above her shoes and under that clear box thingy with the donut things.

    Not that I'm enabling you or anything. *cough*

    ReplyDelete
  2. (cough) Not one bit ! (grin) Yeah, ole Picklepud (dang, it still feels weird typing that name) gave us a full breakdown of the available-in-Germany outfit, and yes, there's glasses ! So happy to be wrong !

    Of course, there goes the 'nearly no more hunting' thing I was enjoying... but that's part of the fun ! Thanks for the heads-up !! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete