Monday, August 8, 2011

Maul zombie - and a beautiful one, too !



Current Mood : Weary from the effort


(sigh) Give me one extra erg-fraction of energy, and I go right back to the classic mistake... After actually getting some rest these past few nights, I felt better, so I decided to get stuff done. And darn near wore m'self out again. 


Thing is, I wasn't all gung-ho, work 'til you bust like I usually am. It was a half-hour here, half hour there, and the next thing I knew, I'd done four loads of laundry and the living room was clean - and thanks to Dearest Son, nearly swept, too ! But I could barely move, hardly stay awake, and suddenly, Say Yes to the Dress had a unique appeal. Much as I enjoy 'spoiled Bridezilla on parade', I'd avoided this show, because watching rich women with purses that cost more than my car kvetch and whine their way through deciding which $5K wedding gown will make them look more like a princess and less like a stepsister just didn't sound like fun before. Being unable to move, and unable to find the sound control made me look at the pretty clothes and not listen to any whining.


And speaking of pretty clothes...I redressed my new Ghoulia in the Maul dress, and it looks great on her ! Especially with those shoes. She's resting on the back of the stand, since I hate the 'clamp' part - they get in the way, wrinkle the fabric, and show in photos. I've boiled 'em before - the clamp part - to loosen them a bit, but they break easily, so I've just been stuffing 'em in a box and either balancing, propping, or using the MAD stands instead. 


Well, hopefully tonight, I'll get lots of sleep and bounce back. Still having trouble with food - sweets taste like they should (even soda !), but if it has salt on it, I can't taste it, not at all now - tasting like ashes, but heck. I'm sure I'm losing weight when Dearest Son eats the Fritos I can't. I'll just be glad when my sleep and my chow are back to normal. Normal for me, at least !